Bluetooth Keyboards and Desire 2.2 unrootedAccessories

Last Updated:

1. Shofar

Shofar Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Has anyone successfully used a BT keyboard with the Desire?

I have the updated 2.2 unrooted.

I am desperate for a keyboard but it has to work.

Any feedback please.

Shofar

Advertisement
  2. d.knight99

d.knight99 Well-Known Member

Yeah sure, I'm told this has android drivers for it. Although they're in beta, they work pretty well according the the interwebs.

It's pricey, but it also looks pretty portable. I don't think you can simply hook up any BT keyboard you like (not yet anyway) but I could be wrong.

3. Kumabjorn

Kumabjorn Member

Are keyboards supported in Froyo's BT driver?

4. d.knight99

No, I don't think so.

They will pair but won't actually do anything past that. You can get drivers though, I think someone mentioned BlueInput or something, no idea how many different models of keyboard it works with though.

5. Kumabjorn

Kumabjorn Member

Frustrating. I would think a RoidPhone would be an obvious target for asmall foldable BT keyboard. I had one for my Palm Tungsten (I think it was called) that you needed to rest the Palm on. With all the mail writing it should be a no-brainer. But I guess that is only me.

6. d.knight99

Yeah I know, it seems a bit of a basic thing to add into an OS as well. I would love to be able to use my keyboard to type messages and emails at my desk, but the freedom pro seems a bit expensive. Hopefully an update down the line will add support (Gingerbread maybe?)

7. Kumabjorn

Kumabjorn Member

I tried BlueInput and they stated that it was HID compliant but neither Mouse nor Keyboard (MS Wireless Optical Desktop) would accept a pairing. The software found the connection just not the pairing (no pairing code). Besides it is not a small foldable keyboard, so not like I would be carrying it around with me, it would just be nice to confirm that it works before buying something new. Freedom Pro looks nice but it is on the expensive side, which I guess is ok if you're the only serious contender out there.