Bluetooth/Mazda no sound until call connects.Support

1. vickers1

vickers1 New Member

So I have a new (5 days old) T-Mobile Samsung Galaxy S5 and a 2007 Mazda CX-9. Over the past few days I have spent (a lot of) time getting everything connected and setup. My remaining issue is the bluetooth connection with my Mazda.

The S5 and the Mazda pair and stay connected but when dialing out using the phone to initiate the call - there is no sound at all until the person you are calling actually picks up the call and says hello. In fact, I usually don't hear the first time they say hello. This is to say that I can't hear the ringing of the phone call while waiting for someone to answer. And I know it's ringing because I can switch the phone to "speaker" and can hear the ringing. It really kind of gives the impression

However, if I dial out using the voice commands through the Mazda - then I hear the ringing and the person answer "Hello". Weird!
    And it's not just my phone. I went to the T-Mobile store yesterday and the person who helped me (a little shout out to Tanya!) was no dummy - she also had an S5 personally and it acted the same way as my phone. Also yes the phone is checked for "call audio".

I have other bluetooth devices that work correctly with my S5: Plantronics 520 (works fine) and a Logitech UE mobile boombox (which also works fine).

Additionally, I upgraded from a Galaxy S3 to my S5 and the S3 worked correctly with the Mazda.

Is anyone else having this kind of issue? If so, were you able to get it resolved and if so how?

Thanks, Scott

Advertisement
  2. smith058

smith058 Guides Guide

Not necessarily a fixed but may be able to help the situation put it on speaker phone until they answer and then hit the Bluetooth button... Or on that note try toggling it from phone or speaker phone to bluetooth back and forth... That's about the extent of the help I can give, hopefully somebody else you'll jump in... good luck