• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Bluetooth motorcycle use?

sl33py

Feb 8, 2010
OK, this goes along with my last post a bit. Wasn't able to find any posts for any android phone using bluetooth stereo on a motorcycle.

I commute via bike(motorcycle) whenever possible. I use my Moto S9-HD in the car, and looking at possibly the Chatterbox XBi2. Another option (but more expensive) is the Camos BTS 300, amongst *several* others. I've heard good things about chatterbox, and bad.

SO - any fellow riders out there? What are you using w/ your N1 (or any android phone really)?

thx!

(FYI - for my Shoei x-11 full face, on a Buell 1125R)

The Chatterbox sucks big time. Not sure about the other one. I use the cardo scala. I've had it for about 1 1/2 years now and it's been very good. Started using it with an HTC Mogul, then the HTC Touch Pro and now the N1.

Only downside is no voice dialing without hitting the phone screen. The Touch Pro you could voice dial by hitting a button on the helmet unit.

Good sound quality up to about 85, after that it's hard to hear and the listener hears some noise.

Upvote 0
almost forgot. i use an x-11 as well along with a helmet glove (fits around the bottom of the helmet and is snug around the neck) that i ordered from the UK. Definitely get one - great for noise reduction and seriously cuts down on wind coming into the helmet on colder days.

Also, if you have use a charger on the bike for the phone you can listen to music in the helmet. No way to charge the bluetooth unit though unless you get a spare and keep it plugged in somewhere on the bike. hmmmm, I may have to do that.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones