Bluetooth Mouse?Accessories

1. SirLance99

SirLance99 Well-Known Member

Does any one know if a bluetooth mouse will work?

Advertisement
  2. Cincybearcatfan

Cincybearcatfan Well-Known Member

^+1 Wondering the same thing.
  3. marctronixx

marctronixx Moderator Moderator

no the xoom will not recognize the input from a mouse at this point. people have tried this using a BT mouse as well as a keyboard with a mouse pad built in.. no dice as of yet. patch to that will come shortly.
  4. SirLance99

SirLance99 Well-Known Member

Well then I can't wait for that to happen. With the BT keyboard and a mouse I now have replaced my laptop. Except for graveyard duty things. This Zoom is exactly what I wanted.
  5. marctronixx

its cumbersome but cincy stated what i have been doing. and have gotten decent at it.. scroll with the finger flick and then fine tune with the keyboard directional arrows. its a workaround for us early adopters/beta testers.. :D
  6. Cincybearcatfan

LOL, I switched to my laptop after using my Xoom. As I got to a point on the page that I wanted to select, I went to touch the screen and it didn't respond. Took me a minute to realize what was wrong.:rolleyes:
  7. marctronixx

get you a stylus...
  8. rjoudrey

rjoudrey Well-Known Member

G tab comes with a mouse driver/capability.
  9. Cincybearcatfan

10. Tech Addiction

Tech Addiction Well-Known Member

+ 1, I got one of those mini keyboards with touch pad mouse and it works perfect on the G Tab. I hope Moto pushes the Bluetooth driver out with the Micro SD/USB patch, soon!!
  11. Dunbar

Dunbar Active Member

Which keyboard did you buy? I am in the market for one as well, and would appreciate a recommendation.
  12. Dunbar

Dunbar Active Member

Is it inevitable that the Xoom will get mouse support, or is this something that could just never happen? I'm trying to decide on a keyboard, and would prefer to get one with a mousepad, but obviously I won't waste my money if it is never going to happen.
  13. marctronixx

its going to happen. we dont know if it will come with the SD card update or later. it would be a FAIL if moto does not utilize this..

if you need keyboard use now, there are cheap keyboards out there...
    Dunbar likes this.
  14. Techno79

Techno79 Member

Logitech have a Bluetooth mouse device that supports Android Tablets (3.1+): Logitech
  15. veccster

veccster Well-Known Member

Any more information on these "cheap keyboards"? The only one I see is a Motorola keyboard for $60.

I considered selling my wifi Xoom and buying the Transformer but would lose about $150 off what I paid. I just need a good keyboard solution because I use logmein a lot and send a lot of emails.
  16. mjf1

mjf1 Well-Known Member

I have had good success with the BT keyboards from dealextreme.com

I have both the mini (which is not too much bigger than a Blackberry kb and a compact version which is the same size as my Xoom and therefore fits in my case behind the Xoom.

You also should pick up some sort of stand. Same website for these.
  17. Techno79

Techno79 Member

Awesome, I'm really liking this one: $26.90 - Mini 2.4GHz Rechargeable Foldable Waterproof Bluetooth Wireless Silicone Keyboard - Keyboards

It looks almost indestructible and could be thrown into the smallest of bags or coiled into a small roll :)
  18. mjf1

mjf1 Well-Known Member

Note that delivery times are 3-5 weeks, but you don't pay any shipping or duty.
  19. lordvader007

lordvader007 New Member

Now for the real deal Can your mouse work WITH your keyboard? I found that a Microsoft Bluetooth Notebook Mouse 5000 works good with my Motorola key board. Some mice work alone but not good WITH some keyboards and vice versa. Purchase wisely.
    marctronixx likes this.
  20. Propwash

Propwash New Member

Ihave been trying everything. What finally worked belive it or not ia the white slimline apple bluetooth mouse ibought at Best buy.
    Its a little quirky but acceptable.
  21. gizmojohn

gizmojohn New Member

I have bought a Targus AMB04 but it won't work. The transformer recognizes it but wants you to put in a pin of 0000 or 1234 but neither work so it says call the mfg Targus and get the pin to their mouse. Well Targus doesn't have a pin for their mouse so it won't work. They only support window type apps
  22. lotus49

lotus49 Well-Known Member

They look cool but in practice they really aren't very good. I bought one so that my children wouldn't keep ruining keyboards by pouring orange juice on them. In that regard it was successful but they do not roll up very small at all. Almost any other small keyboard would take up less room in a bag. Added to which, they are absolutely terrible to type on.

Don't buy one without having a go first.
  23. Jesswood

Jesswood Member

Amazon.com: xoom

Here is a BT mouse for the XOOM tablet, it was a pretty easy set up and small for travel.