• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Bluetooth music troubles - very strange!

Okay, this is something I've never heard of before, but has happened on two different Erises.

I can pair the phone easily with all my BT stuff. Problem is, when I use the music profile to play music over any Bluetooth hardware, the pitch goes up and down, and the music speeds up and slows down. Like an unstable record player. It's not completely frenetic; it just is barely fast and high when you start a track, and it slows down and lowers the pitch by maybe 3/4 step about ten seconds in, and randomly throughout the song. Makes music pretty much unlistenable.

Anyone else run into this? I duplicated it in the Verizon store over their BT audio stuff, so they gave me another Eris. It does the same thing, and it's maddening. I have no idea how that works, since afaik, Bluetooth is completely digital transmission; bits out should be bits played. My car stereo is a Sony Xplod, I can get the model number if it's important (but it's not isolated to my deck), and the audio bug happens with Pandora and with the stock MP3 player. Any thoughts?

Reactions: acme401
So do you run into the same or similar problem?

Yes, the problem does not persist when I plug into the deck using an aux in. But that's not really . . . a fix :) I used BT audio constantly with my old phone, and would use it even more with the Eris, if it worked.

Also, I forgot to include this up front, but a big thanks to this forum for the tips and tricks thread; it's been really helpful!

Upvote 0
Good I thought I was going crazy! I play music and I have a very good ear for pitch and this was driving me bonkers! I hear it all the time, not just over BT. Even with headphones plugged directly in to the jack the songs pitch is all over the place. It even happens with streaming music. I dont know why there isnt a ton of people complaining...guess Im just picky :)

I hope today's update fixes this issue.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones