1. Introducing Channels - a new way to chat with other Android users!
    Dismiss Notice

Bluetooth = nada

Last Updated:

1. Mean Dean

Mean Dean Member This Topic's Starter

Hey, all. I am running Harmonia 2 v2.08 on my Optimus V. I recently bought an Arctic Sound P311 Bluetooth headset. I paired it with the Optimus, and it worked great for a few minutes. Then, in the middle of a BeyondPod podcast, it just laid down and died. BT settings show that the P311 is connected as the phone & media player... when I hit the volume rockers, it informs me that the Bluetooth volume is going up and down... but, nothing is coming through the headset. I have tried disconnecting and reconnecting BT, disconnecting and reconnecting the P311 as a BT device, turning the headset on and off, "fast connections" on and off, rebooting the phone... nothin'. (I get connect/disconnect beeps, but nothing else.)

I even re-installed Harmonia 2 altogether, and the same thing occurred -- BT played the podcast very briefly, then died and never came back.

The headset continues to work playing phone sounds. It also works properly with my PC.

I could of course return the headset, but when it works fine in every context other than receiving media from the Optimus, I tend to think it's a little more complicated than the thing being broken.

Before I do return it, does anyone have any ideas? :confused:

Advertisement
  2. riggerman1

riggerman1 Well-Known Member

Try mrg's MiRaGe rom. I believe Harmonia is based on an older build of his. The newer versions of MiRaGe have the Bluetooth issues fixed.

3. AndyOpie150

AndyOpie150 <strong> <a href="http://androidforums.com/optimus Contributor

+1^
    Tying a different ROM is a good way to troubleshoot weather you have a problem with the ROM or the device.
    For this reason (and one other) I keep a ROM backup that has everything known to be working.

4. Mean Dean

That's a little better, but it's still losing the connection frequently. I found a way to fix it -- make a phone call -- but that's not really convenient.

Unless anyone has another insight/idea, I guess I'll try another brand of headset :(

5. Phatninja55

Phatninja55 Well-Known Member

I've been streaming music to my new radio all day, havn't had a problem with bluetooth on Quattrimus.

6. OverByter

OverByter Resident Slide Rule Guru

I've had my Bluetooth randomly disconnect on my Optimus when Wifi was enabled at the same time.

7. Mean Dean

Well, that's a little inconvenient, as I'd like to run Groove IP. Hmm.

8. Mean Dean

Turning off Wifi didn't seem to help any. :(

I'll report back soon, once I get the new headset.