Bluetooth Naviagtion/ Bluetooth QuestionSupport

Last Updated:

1. JP24

JP24 Member This Topic's Starter

Is there any way to have the directions come through my audio speakers in my Equinox? I have the phone synced up properly, and calls work great. I was navigating the other day, and a call came in and I answered with the handsfree system in the car. When directions came up, it cut in the call, and announced the directions over the speakers. Is there any way to directly do this for navigation only?

Another quick question. I have my phone set up with my Mac Book Pro. I can send files with bluetooth to the laptop, but when I go to browse the phone from the computer, it says connection failed. I do have ftp turned on on the phone.

Thanks

Advertisement
  2. ssddyakno

ssddyakno Well-Known Member

There are two different bluetooth audio profiles. Your equinox likely only has one - and that is hands free calling. The other is stereo bluetooth. For GPS to come through the speakers of the car, you will need the other audio profile. My Pioneer Premier unit has it, and it worked like a charm.

3. JP24

JP24 Member This Topic's Starter

Hmm... In the vehicle I have the option of syncing a bluetooth phone or a bluetooth gps unit. The phone is synced up fine. I try to sync the gps portion, so the vehicle says to perform a scan on the phone and add the GM connection. I try to do this, but it acts as if it is a bluetooth headset. It seems there has to be some way on the phone to tell it to use bluetooth for navigation?

4. ssddyakno

ssddyakno Well-Known Member

Well again, syncing a bluetooth navigation unit would be more for traffic information that would be pulled from the cell network, not voice commands coming from the navigation. Google A2DP. That's the bluetooth audio transfer profile for sound. MSG me if you have any other questions, I've dealt with this stuff ad naseum so happy to help somebody else on the issue.