• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Bluetooth not working after update???

tremonti

Sep 30, 2010
Bluetooth not working after update last week. Bluetooth menu shows connected.....but the bluetooth icon on the dialer pad is greyed out???? Can't connect to my car now.

Tried soft reset and everything.

Anyone else have this issue?

Called Verizon....I'm done with Fascinate....they said they would give wife and I new Droid X's for free.....I then Asked could I get an early upgrade to the Iphone 4 next month and she said yes. Only had Fascinates for 4 months so I'm not due an upgrade for a while. She said I'd just pay the $199 per phone and not full retail. She notated my account for such. Just FYI.

Wow man, that's some horse poopy if I've ever heard it! Sorry you had such issues. I actually didn't get my BT working how I wanted it till AFTER the update (but it had nothing to do with the update, just me not doing things right in my car). So I can confirm that the update did not impact my BT ability at all.

sorry you had trouble but it seems as if they're doing right... don't hold your breath though. I've had to call crappy VZW "corporate customer service" and they've basically told me anything they thought I wanted to hear. I'd probably call back and ask a different person to pull your account and to verify that the notes are really there.

Upvote 0
I've had to call crappy VZW "corporate customer service" and they've basically told me anything they thought I wanted to hear. I'd probably call back and ask a different person to pull your account and to verify that the notes are really there.

Ya...just did this...guess what? Not in system.....I swear I'm so tired of dealing with this BS.....Only issue I had with AT&T Iphone was dropped calls.....right now I'd take that over this mess....so stupid!

Upvote 0
sorry man, looks like "big red" may be getting a bit too big and losing some of their customer service aspects.

Here are my experiences with corporate customer service:

1. Purchased my fascinate oct 15th and switched to a data plan. In-store, the salesperson was showing us many new features of the phone. Fastforward to bill time and guess what?

I have about $30 in data charges. The bill CLEARLY states that my plan was updated on Oct 15th to a full, unlimted data plan yet my data charges show as being on oct 15th. I called Corporate customer service and got a bit of a runaround then finally she agreed to take the $30 in data charges off of the bill.

Know what happened? I can't say for sure but I bet you anything the change had not yet taken effect in the system to reflect we actually do have a data plan and the guy in the store is using data on our phones after activating them and we are getting charged whatever rate our OLD plan was for data.

While on the phone with her, I inquired about my OHTER data plan credit I was supposed to receive. See, when I bought my phone (and wifes) they said that if you buy 3 accessories each, you each get 1 month of free data (a ~$60 value). We bought necessary accessories after doing the math and figuring that we were essentially getting them for about $12 once the credit hits.

On my first bill, I saw NONE of this credit. Enter #2

2. I explained the deal that was explained to us to the CS rep. I explained that we bought screen protectors, phone cases, desk cradle, and two car cradles and we should be getting a month of data free (each.).

She assured me I would see the credit on my next bill.

Guess what was absent on my next bill?

3. Called back after getting my next bill and explained everything all over again. This time, the Corporate CS rep said she did not know what I was talking about and was not familiar with the promo. I was a little angry cause I had this stupid desk cradle (that did not work unless you took the cover off the phone. Not doing that every night). and two car cradles (that, without 2.2 do not do any audio-out. FAIL!).

I told her where the store was that I got my phone. She put me on hold and called the store. I got on the line with the store manager and he recalled the promo and looked at my bill. He was actually very nice and made the adjustments accordingly. Point is, it took me a lot of time and multiple phone calls to get a credit that I was SUPPOSED to get initially.

The data thing (#1 above) I just think is ridiculous. I can't help but think it's happened to others too who have gone from non-data to data plans.

We'll see how verizon fares the iPhone surge in regards to QoS (both actual cell phone serivce and customer service). should be interesting.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones