Bluetooth Not Working on 2010 Mazda 3

Last Updated:

1. klink

klink New Member This Topic's Starter

I have not been able to connect my phone to my Mazda 3. I have been following this thread:

forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?p=4954902

but it doesn't look like there is an answer yet (except maybe rooting the phone, but since I don't even understand what rooting is, that doesn't help :cool:). Just wondered if anyone on this forum has the problem or knows how to solve it?

Advertisement
  2. chippillie

chippillie New Member

buy an US built car sorry could not help myself. The update from sprint hopefully will fix should be out in a week or so.

3. klink

Actually, most Mazdas ARE made in the U.S. (although mine wasn't...:rolleyes:). And this problem isn't just happening with "foreign" cars. LOL!

4. marctronixx

marctronixx Moderator Moderator

i get a "no thread specified" error when clicking on the link..

post here what the issue(s) is/are. i have a 2008 nissan armada and the BT works flawlessly. i can tell you if the mazda has an older bluetooth stack than whats on the hero, that can cause issues. if you can find out (from mazda or a mazda forum) what the bluetooth stack version is then that is one step towards fixing the issue. also, mazda may have a bluetooth phone compability list chart on their website, so stop by there and see if you can find out any info...

5. klink

Note, this is a 2010 Mazda 3. Basically, it pairs with the phone fine, but it does not connect. I think the problem is the phone, not Mazda, because Mazda recognizes the phone. (That is about as technical as I can get...:eek:)

Here is another link (hopefully it works!). It shows all of the cars that are having problems...

Issue 3960 - android - Bluetooth issues with car systems in Android 1.5 / 1.6 - Project Hosting on Google Code

Looks like it may have something to do with voice search? CRIPE! I don't get any of this, I just want my phone to work hands-free in the car. :(

6. khooke

khooke Member

My myTouch3G with Android 1.6 pairs fine with my new 2010 Mazdaspeed3 for phone calls, but doesn't work for playing music. It pairs with the car and shows both the phone and music symbols on the display, the phone says its paired with bluetooth music device when I press the volume up and down, but no sound comes out the speakers. Seems to be a common issue with Android version pre roughly 2.x if you search around. Looks like Droid and Nexus phones can play audio fine.