• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Bluetooth not working the same as before gingerbread update.

Robin Banks

Lurker
Jun 30, 2012
I have a Samsung WEP479 headset that I use with my phone. Prior to the official samsung gingerbread update, it all worked fine. If my headset was on, and I answered a call the phone would switch to headset just fine. Also if I was on a call and my headset was off, if I turned the power on the headset, the phone would automatically switch over.

Now it seems inconsistent. I can have the headset on and often it will not activate, sometimes while in the call, I will press the phone's headset button and it will pair, then sometimes it activates.

My WIFI sleep mode is set to never.

I have the same problem but in my car! I just got the galaxy 3 for Verizon and every time I step into my car, my phone connects but only the Media audio. Every time I want to use my cars Bluetooth I have to manually select call audio on my phone. I want to be able to step into my car and not have to worry about connecting my phone manually every single time!!! Note i had no problem whatsoever with my droid X b4. Someone help PLEASE!!!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones