Bluetooth not working when phone is lockedSupport

Last Updated:

1. Mike20878

Mike20878 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

When my phone goes into auto lock while I'm driving the voice commands won't come up when I press my bluetooth. Is this normal?

Advertisement
    Poe likes this.
  2. vtek63

vtek63 New Member

i have this problem as well. when the phone is unlocked, voice dial works fine, but once the phone is locked, it doesn't work anymore with my bluetooth speakerphone.

3. _Aardvark

_Aardvark Well-Known Member

This seems to be a known issue. Sucks for me since adding my work exchange account forces my to have a lock screen w/ a PIN. This was real fun the first day I noticed it - nothing like driving and troubleshooting my phone. I found an app called "No Lock" that is a widget that can toggle the lock screen on and off. When I get in my car I disable the lock screen (which isn't so bad since I usually have to turn BT back on anyway).

4. Mike20878

I got a reply on the Motorola support forum:

I suppose this is true, but still not very functional either.

Poe likes this.
  5. Poe

Poe New Member

Hmmm doesn't sound like a convincing reason to me.
    Bluetooth devices need to be paired before they should be able to access your device. What prevents a person from accessing your phone via BT when its unlocked then?

On my Droidx I can control the music player via my BT headset when the phone is locked... I just cannot issue voice commands.

6. Mike20878

I recently bought a Jawbone ICON and installed A2DP. I installed their free 411 app but I need to delete it as it's just a glorified autodialer. Once I do that I can try the voice dial while locked again. I wonder if A2DP support will change that behavior.