Bluetooth on Eve

Last Updated:

1. drowned.rat

drowned.rat Active Member This Topic's Starter

So, I must admit I have never fully embraced Bluetooth technology. I do not have a wireless Bluetooth headset, or any other such device. When my wife and I both had Blackberry Pearls we paired them with Bluetooth but could never do anything with it.

Now I am trying to use my Eve with my PC. I paired the two devices thru droid successfully. Now I want to transfer music via Bluetooth from my PC to my phone. When I try it though, it fails. Actually, when I go to my PC program for transferring data to other Bluetooth enabled devices, my paired Eve isn't even a choice on the list. When I try to just send it using Bluetooth directly from the windows explorer (right click on the files and choose Send, then Bluetooth) it doesn't work either.

Anyone else able to transfer files with Bluetooth from their Eve? I really want this to work since I am having issues with connecting via usb with my laptop (won't stay mounted)

Advertisement
  2. dufourjm

dufourjm Member

I did not use Bluetooth yet and I prefer USB wich is stable for me but there is an app on the market called Bluetooth File Transfer. Have you tried to use it ?

3. drowned.rat

Thanks for the app suggestion. DLing it now, and will try it after work. Will post again if it works or not.

4. largecharge

largecharge Well-Known Member

the eve bluetooth paired up with a motorola t505 works well for music streaming in the car. sounds like i'm listening to a cd where it's coming through a selected unique fm station. t505 will taking incoming calls but placing outgoing (hand free) voice calls it can't do. this needs to be adressed i hope in version 1.6

5. davidomackay

davidomackay Member

Even after pairing up with the computer I can't sync and file transfer through the Bluetooth or USB cable.

Any solutions?

Yes I have BT file transfer manager app.

6. drowned.rat

The BT File Manger App - can you get it to work? When I open it with my wifi off it asks me to turn it on, but when I do it forces close. If I open it when wifi is already on it just closes right away. I even downloaded the update to it that came out last week or so ago.

7. Jay-Eff

Jay-Eff Well-Known Member

davidomackay likes this.
  8. davidomackay

davidomackay Member

What about being able to listen to music through a BT earpiece or headset. Why only calls?

Will there be any improvement on this regard?

9. Russki

Russki Member

BT ear piece is only working in the phone mode, as it's specific device. I'll try to use BT had phones in the store tomorrow and see if they work. My wife has BT FM transmitter in her car, I'll give it a try.
    As file sharing via BT, I suspect it's something to do with CD card Mounting.

10. Russki

Russki Member

What about being able to listen to music through a BT earpiece or headset. Why only calls?

Head set will work with the phone (as long as head set supports A2DP Streaming BT, I assume they all are) as EVE supports A2DP. Ear piece doesn

11. babyrocks

babyrocks New Member

Any solution to Bluetooth transfer onto a MAC/Phone?? Both devices were able to recognize the LG phone, but couldn't do any transfer. Thanks!

12. Russki

Russki Member

Hi all
    Problem with the BT on the phones is that most of the applications that control BT on the phones can only operate as an AUDIO device. Therefore any file transfer is not supported. On the other hand some phones have option of sharing music/photo files via BT, for example old models of Samsung not smart phones with mini SD cards, the way it worked is you would select a file and click OPTIONS and one of them would be SHARE VIA BT. I also had success of sharing files between HPipaq and my old Nokia phone.
    I tried to play with the phones BT and nothing works. I think this phone is design to download files via USB and on memory card only, or share your files via Gmail,Facebook,MSM,Picasa or MySpace. Hay, they are making money on DATA usage, so we have to work on the ways to avoid it.

Cheers

13. severed_hand

severed_hand New Member

FYI, I'm using a Stereo Motorola S9 headset that I got with an earlier phone. The Eve recognized the headset straight away, and I can use it for calls and streaming audio, sounds as good as the other phone ever did. (Incidentally the stereo line out the top of the phone gives me better sound than my Ipod or my Zune.)

Too bad the headset looks dorky.

I was wondering why the phone wouldn't transfer files via BT.

14. Jay-Eff

Jay-Eff Well-Known Member

Bluetooth obx file transfer was not implement in android 1.5.