Bluetooth on LG motion 4gTips

Last Updated:

1. krackhead

krackhead Member This Topic's Starter

Just finished copying a few files. Bluetooth works well. Very easy to set up in windows 7. The only thing you need to do is enable a certain setting on the phone for a couple minutes and provided you have a bluetooth card on your computer, you can transfer files. I didn't bother setting up USB since I have bluetooth. The other thing you can do is listen to music (and I think video works too) that is stored on the phone through computer speakers. (This is kind of awesome if you have a HDMI cable for your computer, but not for the phone.) I'm actually not sure if a HDMI cable is available for this phone that works, but in any case you don't need one if you have bluetooth and a hdmi card in your computer.

I was disappointed to learn that flac files do not work on this phone as of yet. However, I did copy a blu ray rip mkv file and the video and sound play flawlessly. Works really well with a headset. MP3's also play really nice. No skipping.

Advertisement
  2. DocBlue

DocBlue Well-Known Member

then maybe you can assist me...

I have installed the bluetooth adapter on my computer...
    I have enabled Bluetooth on phone and made it available...
    I have searched for devices from the computer and it kicks out a code.......
    I have added the code into the Motion and they attempt to connect and I get error installing driver on the pc, the phone shows with yellow icon in the show Bluetooth Devices screen.

Thats where Im stuck at....Thanks!!

3. krackhead

krackhead Member This Topic's Starter

operating system? I am assuming you are on a PC?

4. DocBlue

DocBlue Well-Known Member

Win 7 Pro 64bit

tried on 3 computers here and the old ladies laptop and the same thing happens each time. Its like Windows is looking for a device driver for the Motion. The only Driver I have installed is the LG usb driver.

You say "enable a certain setting". Could I be overlooking something on the Motion?

edit: well I was able to send a file to the Motion so I dunno why it still shows with the yellow triangle in Devices on the PC

5. nekomi5a

nekomi5a New Member

i have a bluetooth headset and i can not get my phone to find it what should i do?

6. trigger1074

trigger1074 Well-Known Member

make sure your Motion is in discovery mode. Under bluetooth settings under the "Make phone visible" It will stay on for 5 minutes. Then make sure your headsets in pairing mode (usually holding the button in for like 5 seconds)