• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Apps Bluetooth Pair with Blackberry / iPhone

emrosenf

Lurker
Jan 17, 2010
Hi Android Experts,

I'm wondering about the capabilities and limitations of Bluetooth in Android phones.

One of the Android sample applications is Bluetooth chat, so Android phones can pair up and send data between them, right? Is this over OBEX OPP?

I've heard anecdotal reports that sometimes you can send files between Android phones and Blackberry phones. Does anyone know if this is true and in which cases?

Specifically, I'd like to know whether it is possible to write an application that allows for Bluetooth chat between Androids, Blackberrys and iPhones. If not, what limits this?

I know that right now iPhones can only pair up with other iPhones. Has anyone successfully made an Android authenticate as an iPhone?

Thanks, and feel free to PM me!

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones