Bluetooth - paired devices

1. CRJ343

CRJ343 New Member

My understanding is that once two devices are paired that they will happily exchange information with each other without further intervention and this is certainly my experience when working with Nokia phones and PCs.
    I have a problem with the pairing of my Nokia 6300 phone and my new HTC Desire.
    I paired the devices and ticked "Always Trust Device"
    The HTC shows the devices as paired.
    HOWEVER in order to transfer date from the Nokia to the HTC I always need to make the HTC discoverable before anything will happen.
    This is particularly annoying since I 'm trying to transfer my photo collection and this has to be done photo by photo.
    Does anyone have any ideas ?

Advertisement
  2. Cheule

Cheule Well-Known Member

I'd like to know this too, coming from an N95 I used to be able to leave discoverability on permanently, plus I could group transfers into one large batch instead of one-at-a-time.
  3. 1981

1981 Well-Known Member

same question for me too. evn after pairing. u have to bring down the notification bar each and every time to accept the download and thn to open it also. no sound notification once the transfer is complete also.
  4. Nagrom

Nagrom Well-Known Member

I also used Bluetooth the first time the other day, again to transfer a couple of pics from a friends phone, and I have to say I was VERY unimpressed on how BT works on the Desire.

Took me a while to figure out how to accept. Like 1981 said, instead of just popping up a dialogue box asking if you want to accept the transfer, you have to piss about with the notification bar. Also the 2 min discoverable time limit is a joke.

Andy