bluetooth pairing and using itSupport

Last Updated:

1. Covert_Death

Covert_Death Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

okay so here is my problem. My evo wont do anything once paired to my computer via bluetooth.

i paired it succesfully, then later i wanted to send a file from my phone to my computer via bluetooth, (i have ftp enabled) and told my computer to expect a file and nothing. it doesnt work. also when i check the pairing profile on my computer, under services it is COMPLETELY blank, there should be some services like dial-up modem and bluetooth speakers and stuff shoudn't there be?

here is what i want to be able to do.

1. i want to send files from my EVO to my computer via Astro Bluetooth.

2. i would also like to use my laptop speakers via bluetooth, example, play pandora on my phone using my laptop speakers via bluetooth connection

that is really all i want to do but i cant get ANYTHING working :(

could this be solved by rooting my evo? i really just wanna be able to do basic bluetooth functions with my phone

thank you for the help!

Advertisement
  2. thumperyz69

thumperyz69 Well-Known Member

Can you pair with any of your friends phones??? any other computers??? I have noticed that BT in general is very finicky BUT my own experience has been very good with the EVO. I have paired mine with 3 totally different flavors of phone.

What type BT device/receiver is on your PC???

3. Covert_Death

i can do pairing with other devices such as a bt headset and my roomates iphone.

my pc is bluetooth 2.0 intel something. it is a build in card with the wifi-n card.

4. Mr. Ed

Mr. Ed Well-Known Member

From my experience with bluetooth file transfer I guess my question would be why? It's soooo slow

On the pandora side of things...again...why? I mean why not just log into pandora and listen through web browser?

not trying to be a jerk...just trying to understand the necessity of this...you loose one cable...one cable that makes things happen faster than what the bluetooth would be capable of.

I do use my bluetooth on my laptop but to transmit the sound to a set of bt headphones...

maybe i'm just confused that you are trying to do the opposite

5. Covert_Death

it wouldn't just be for pandora (which i would use at night when in bed and still want control over what is playing)

as far as file sharing, alot of times i surf on my phone (mainly when on campus inbetween classes) and sometimes i download files that i would like to just be able to throw at my computer via bluetooth when i get home for simplicity, yea it may be a little slower but for file sizes <5mb there is no difference really, things like word files, powerpoint presentations, songs, items like this.

i guess it's also just the fact that it SHOULD be able to do these things, if you buy a 50" LED tv that has control buttons such as power, vol +/-, chan +/- on the side of the tv, and these buttons do not work i would still be upset even though a remote control works 1000x better in any scenario simply because it isn't doing something that it SHOULD be able to do. it makes the product feel less then what it should be and is dissapointing

6. Mr. Ed

Mr. Ed Well-Known Member

Have you checked for updated firmware/software for the bt? I remember having to update my firmware for mine out of the box. It doesn't sound like an issue with the phone though. On the phone side does it recognize and connect? if you press on the connection what details does it give you