Bluetooth Pairing Issue fix?Support

Last Updated:

1. AttorneyIncredible

AttorneyIncredible Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

So I am having issues pairing my Inc with my Audi. Seems a common issue with several of the german cars and my research indicates it is because HTC loaded a crappy version of bluetooth with the phone, not the true 2.1 version that is in other phones.

Has anyone found a workaround/fix for this? is it scheduled to be fixed in Froyo?

thanks for the help in advance.

Advertisement
  2. Tech Addiction

Tech Addiction Well-Known Member

Don't know about Froyo, but I had problems with Bluetooth prior to the Leaked OTA. Now I have no issues pairing with Ford Sync. I used to have issues when I would cut the car off and then restart. Now it pairs right back up.

3. Rdjr74

Rdjr74 Well-Known Member

Been following this blutooth issue. It appears that 2.2 will take care of any handsfree voice dialing which I am most concerned about. I installed a parrot blutooth kit in my VW. It does pair currently with the 2.1 but I can't voice dial like I use to be able to do. If anyone can confirm this with a leaked 2.2 it would be much appreciated.

4. justinandroid

justinandroid Member

This topic interests me as well.

I can pair my phone perfectly as a bluetooth headset making receiving calls through the vehicle stereo. But for some reason it will not let me pair it as a bluetooth audio device to listen to music on the stereo.

Not sure if this could be related to the bluetooth stack on the phone or what...

5. AttorneyIncredible

AttorneyIncredible Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

are you rooted? did you have to root to install the leak?

6. Tech Addiction

Tech Addiction Well-Known Member

Sorry, I didn't see your reply, No you don't have to be rooted to load the Leaked OTA, and no my phone is not Rooted. It adds a mobile hotspot and a cool Splash screen like the commercials that VZW aired with the specs swirling around and the sound of "DROID" as the letters appear. A really cool update.