• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Bluetooth/Pandora/car audio issues

While I did notice that there were other threads in other forums about this type of issue but haven't found any explanation or resoultion. Since updating to Froyo, when using my stereo's (Sony Xplod) onboard pause button to start my Pandora stations the Android music app begins to play, even if my Pandora station has not been "killed" Secondly, when I turn off my car and slide my phone in my pocket, before I had updated Pandora would just pause until went back to Pandora and started it again manually or with my headphones or such, but now the phone will stay silent for a couple of minutes, then start blaring music at the top of it's "lungs". Makes it very diffcult to enter quiet offices or businesses without causing slight disruption, especially when listening to some of my stations. Does anyone know of any fixes out there for this? I've been really impressed while lurking around researching with the helpfullness of this forum so I thought I'd try here first. Thanks a ton!

I am having similar issues when listening to Pandora thru my car bluetooth connection. My problem is when listening to Pandora and using Google Navigation at the same time. Before updating to Froyo, whenever Google Navigation would read out a direction it would pause Pandora and then resume Pandora whenever Google Nav was done reading the direction. But now when Nav interrupts to read a direction, it stops Pandora and never brings it back and I have to manually re-start Pandora. I e-mailed Pandora's support team about this issue and they said they are aware of it, but that it isn't just a Pandora problem. They said that some HTC phones are having the same issue when people use the default music player and Google Nav at the same time. So they are blaming it on Froyo and I doubt Google is going to rush to release a new version of Froyo so you may be stuck with the problem unless Pandora can find some way of fixing it on their end

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones