• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Bluetooth Phone book transfer to car

Kingy63

Jul 26, 2010
Hi

I have just got a new car and it has built in Bluetooth phone capabilities. I can pair the phone ok and then it transfers the phone book ok.

The issue is within the phone book on the car display it shows all my contacts ie Twitter / Facebook even though there is no phone number linked to them. and so the list is long making it hard to find the entry I want.

I am using a stock unbranded DHD running 2.3.5 and Sense 3.0

I have all my contacts on Google and link them to Twitter and Facebook as required.

Any ideas / suggestions.

edit - I have tried the wife's Desire S and that does the same.

I have finally solved this, more by error than judgement. When you bond the phone it asks permission to connect to the phonebook, which I declined, it then asks if it can connect to the phone which I accepted hoping that I could then send the contacts 1 by 1, but when I checked it had already done it and only sent my contacts with Phone numbers.

Paul

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones