Bluetooth Phonebook Transfer Incomplete

Last Updated:

1. Matrioux

Matrioux Member This Topic's Starter

Hey guys,

When my car bluetooth downloads the phonebook from my captivate, it downloads some contacts, but doesn't download the ones from my exchange server. They show up fine in the contacts app, but the car doesn't receive them. I thought it might be an issue with the way they were put into the contacts, so I undid the built in android exchange account, deleted the contacts, then installed touchdown and populated it that way. Still no joy. I thought that originally it was downloading them correctly (using the built in exchange sync) but either stopped working correctly, or never was and I just now noticed it.

Any ideas?

-Matrioux

Advertisement
  2. radi0chik

radi0chik Well-Known Member

What kind of car and are you sure the car is able to accept contacts from exchange? Did your old phone do that properly?

3. Matrioux

Yes, it worked fine with my old phone, though it was win-mo (HTC Tilt II). The car is a 2007 Land Rover. Also, it works with some contacts in the contact list, just not the ones loaded in with either touchdown or the built in exchange account.

I can't see what is differentiating those contacts in the contact app from the rest.

4. radi0chik

radi0chik Well-Known Member

I came from a tilt2 also, and had some problems initially with it syncing to my Mustang. I will have to check the car's phone book but I don't think it is capable of taking exchange contact info. I'm assuming it only moves over your sim card contact book. And stupid question for my own curiosity: if your tilt2 had exchange contacts on it, did your car load those contacts? Or was it just your regular phone book? I'm still learning how the car-sync-bluetooth stuff works. :)

5. Matrioux

On the tilt2 the regular phone book included your exchange contacts and the whole phone book would move over. On the Android, the contact program APPEARS to fully integrate the exchange contacts, but then the phone book that is sent to the car doesn't.

I guess what i'm asking is if anyone else who is using the built in exchange sync has those contacts loading into the phone book in their blue tooth car kit. If so, is there a setting I'm missing somewhere. If not, is there a way to integrate the exchange contacts into the phone book so that it is sent via blue tooth. I may see if I can export and import them differently into the android contacts system, and if they will load then.

6. laural

laural New Member

I have a slightly different problem - it moves over exchange and non-exchange contacts, but not all of them and they're all sorted differently. It's incredibly frustrating. My previous phone was a Blackberry (I'm just trying the HTC Aria) and the bluetooth phone/contact piece was seamless.

7. Matrioux

Anyone who uses touchdown and a bluetooth phone book able to either duplicate the problem, or able to fully sync their exchange contacts with the phone book?

8. knoll

knoll New Member

I have the same problem you are describing. (Samsung Captivate)

I have discovered through trial and error that the contacts that *do* get transferred to my car are marked as "Phone" contacts on the phone. All the other contacts are marked as "Corporate" (which come from my MS Exchange account) or "GMail".

It seems that the phone will not transfer contacts not entered directly on the phone.

Is there a setting on the phone that will allow it to transfer non-"Phone" contacts? I can't seem to find it if there is.

9. NaplesBill

NaplesBill Well-Known Member

The problem is that the car is only syncing contacts that are in the "phone" address book. There is a fairly simple solution. Once you have all your exchange contacts synced to your phone, export all your contacts to SD and then import them in to the Phone. They will auto link to your exchange contacts and your car will download them since they are in the "phone" address book.