bluetooth problemSupport

Last Updated:

1. fast eddy

fast eddy Active Member This Topic's Starter

Hi, I seem to be having a problem pairing my desire to other mobiles, I pair them both but on my screen it says "paired but not connected". Then I struggle to send/receive files etc.this is my 2nd desire & the first one did this also. Is anyone else having problems with pairing or is It just me? :(

Advertisement
  2. mbatson89

mbatson89 Well-Known Member

Hi Guys, first post so be nice :)

I'm having a similar problem and assume it's related to this, but when trying to pair my Desire with the Bluetooth in my car i get 'Paired but not connected'

Any help is much appreciated.
    M

3. rasobey

rasobey Well-Known Member

Hey :)

Without wishing to sound condescending, "Paired but not connected" means you have to connect the device - you can usually accomplish this by tapping the device on the Desire.

My Bluetooth headphones say the same, i.e. Paired but not connected, when I'm not using them.

4. mbatson89

mbatson89 Well-Known Member

Tried this but it fails every time :(

5. gie62001

gie62001 Well-Known Member

try to press and hold on the devices which says its paired but not connected, it will bring menu saying: Connect, unpair, options.
    never had any problems with any of my android phones to pair with any device (starting android 1.5, 1.6 and 2.1)
    so should be working unless you're doing something wrong or the device which you're trying to pair don't support bluetooth v2.1

6. fast eddy

fast eddy Active Member This Topic's Starter

if i long press on a device which says "paired but not connected" i only get the option to "unpair" & nothing else.

7. gie62001

gie62001 Well-Known Member

try to unpair and repair again maybe the code you enter is wrong or some kind of incompatibility or try rebooting or even hard reseting your phone

8. nx1977

nx1977 Well-Known Member

Is the other device set as hidden?

9. HTC_Desire

HTC_Desire Well-Known Member

Mine pairs with my Ford S-Max and connects automatically every time I get in the car. Works fine for me.

10. Plexus

Plexus Well-Known Member

Mine pairs flawlessly with my Samsung noise cancelling hedphone, with my nokia HT905 headphones , nokia ht 905 headphones, with nokia ht-904 hedset, plantronics pro headset, LG headset, Supertooth BT- speakers/sub, my Samsung netbook and sony vaio laptop, my saab 93 cabrio, and my wife's VW Touran.
    As you may have guessed BT is as essential as oxygen to me and the Desire never failed me yet in the 6 days I have had it, nor did my old Hero in the preceding 6 months.
    My other phone, an Htc HD2, sometimes fails to auto connect when I get in the car, but the Desire never missed a beat (yet)

11. Neodroid

Neodroid Member

Just wondering if anyone has tried connecting to the VW RCD/RNS 510 car audio systems. in my VW the phone gets recognised by the car, car doesnot even show up on the phone and when trying to connect via car the message comes up declaring "mobile phone incompatible".

12. nx1977

nx1977 Well-Known Member

13. Neodroid

Neodroid Member

thanks, but firstly the guide you mentioned is for WinMob and not android; also rSAP is mainly for sim access and I think is used to get your contacts to the car.
    I am really begining to repent going android way as the bluetooth issues are way worse than anything I had expected. It doesent even recognise the VW syatem as a handsfree kit!:mad:
    any help guys!!!

14. nx1977

nx1977 Well-Known Member

Later in that thread they go on to non-winmob devices ;)

15. RayGreen

RayGreen New Member

Hi all,
    My Issue is the same as the above. I recently purchased the HTC Desire which updated to android 2.2. I’m having issues with the Bluetooth connecting with OEM hands free (Belero Head Unit) in my Skoda Yeti.
    The phone has paired without a problem. When I drive off the phone sync’s within 30 seconds but after about a minute it drops the connection and won’t reconnect. I took the handset back to the suppler, who replaced it.
    I’m getting the same performance from the second phone. Any idea’s what may be wrong will be appreciated.

16. nx1977

nx1977 Well-Known Member

17. john_ford

john_ford New Member

first time post
    my bluetooth headset connects ok
    but when I play music the audio cuts in and out the headset is a motorolla s705 sound pilot which is compatable with A2DP Sound profile i have tried 3 different motorolla units still the same problem exists:(

18. itsjrw

itsjrw New Member

I'm getting the same problem with bluetooth. If I have the phone switched off when I get in the car and then turn the phone on the bluetooth connects automatically (sometimes) and works until I stop. If I do not use this sequence the phone connects to the car for a few seconds and then says paired but not connected. I'm currently on Android 2.1 and have the O2 froyo upgrade to apply but I'm not convinced it will make a difference.
    Has anyone got any ideas?

19. nx1977

nx1977 Well-Known Member

What car kit?

I find with our Nokia CK7W I need to make the phone discoverable if I've turned bluetooth off since last connected. If I leave bluetooth on, it connects fine.

20. x3m.biker

x3m.biker New Member

Have problem with my smax BT connection, my last phone nokia E90 connect just fine everytime, but just got my new galaxy S and no way to connect, never have even an option to enter passkey...any suggestion, thx for you answers..

Cheers to all....

21. nx1977

nx1977 Well-Known Member

You must make the phone visible, then pair. From then on it will work automatically.

22. MyDesire

MyDesire New Member

I'm having the same issue with my Desire and my Toshiba laptop Tecra M8 with an Asus BT-21 dongle. I have loaded and reloaded the Bluetooth software in the PC. Tried all the tricks on the Desire. The desire finds the PC OK and comes back with the correct Computer Name but only pairs with it and never connects. The dongle/laptop works fine for my Nokia E51 and the Bluetooth dongle works fine with the Desire on my home desktop PC. It's got me miffed.

23. D_C

D_C New Member

Here is what worked for my two Samsung Fascinate Galaxy S phones from VZW. I received the Froyo 2.2 update via the airways. Since then my bluetooh in both cars stopped working properly. Follow these steps to see if this helps you as well.

Settings
    Voice Input & Output
    Text-to-Speech Settings

Under the "Default Settings" click on "Install Voice Data"

This will take you directly to the Android market for a "voice data" download.
    Once downloaded, and automatically installed, restart the phone.
    Unpair your phone in your car, and re-pair.
    Problem Fixed.

Let me know if this works for you too.

Samsung Tech support was no help.

Andy

24. RutaKal

RutaKal New Member

Hi, did you find solution? I have the same problem- HTC Wildfire vs VW Passat- not find phone:(