• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Bluetooth problems with Desire.

Hi all. Have just purchased the Jabra Clipper to use with my Desire as it is deemed compatible. It paired instantly and the sound was awesome. However, it is diving me mad as the headset keeps loosing the signal, sometimes totally and it is supposed to have a 10m range. I look like a plum holding my phone in front of me :eek: I am sure it is not the headset. What is the problem and what shall I do? Cheers

Hi all. Have just purchased the Jabra Clipper to use with my Desire as it is deemed compatible. It paired instantly and the sound was awesome. However, it is diving me mad as the headset keeps loosing the signal, sometimes totally and it is supposed to have a 10m range. I look like a plum holding my phone in front of me :eek: I am sure it is not the headset. What is the problem and what shall I do? Cheers

Hi, it is probably the wifi signal, switch off the wifi and try again

:D

Upvote 0
The range for bluetooth headsets isn't great. I have the Jabra Clipper and Desire as well. Really, you have to be in the same room for them to work. It does cut out sometimes, but really only if I am handling / covering the Clipper. I don't seem to get problems when the phone is in my pocket.

As with streaming music over any bluetooth device, there is some distortion at the high frequencies, which is a little annoying, but being wire-free is worth it!

Upvote 0
Hello,

I have the same problem with Jabbra clipper and HTC Desire. It pairs perfectly but listening to music is realy not that nice because it cuts all the time unless you keep it very close to one another. Even in my trouser's pocket I get this problem that is less than a meter apart....

I don't think it has much to do with the Jabbra Device. I used the BT3030 for a year before that with a Sony Ericcson and it worked fine up to 20 meter away.

I am sure the Android system got something to do with it, because it unplugs on the Desire side (you can see it on the music application) then the Jabbra Clipper sometimes shuts off of signals it (I don't know the sound code of the clipper).

As a matter of fact, when it cuts the music off, I usually just need to press the play button (on Jabbra or Desire) to start the music again.

Apparently, while phoning, there is no such disturbance.

Well that's all I can say on the matter. Hope somebody will find a solution (special music applet for the clipper?) and will be watching the forum.

Upvote 0
I recently purchased a bluetooth headset for listening to music while cycling/running so I didn't always have to worry about my Desire falling out of my pocket. I ummed and aahed for a while as to whether to get a Jabra Clipper, BT3030 or something else. The reviews on Amazon seemed variable on the Clipper, all mentioned the drop out problems you report. The Sony MW600 started to seem like a decent alternative buy, and features an FM radio built in, as well as a micro USB charger socket (one charger can be used for both the phone and headset).

In the end I went for the MW600, which has been really good - the signal is good for ~10 m+ through a busy office. The close up performance is good too, once the device is paired, the signal is rock solid. Recommended!

Upvote 0
Hello,

I have the same problem with Jabbra clipper and HTC Desire. It pairs perfectly but listening to music is realy not that nice because it cuts all the time unless you keep it very close to one another. Even in my trouser's pocket I get this problem that is less than a meter apart....

I don't think it has much to do with the Jabbra Device. I used the BT3030 for a year before that with a Sony Ericcson and it worked fine up to 20 meter away.

I am sure the Android system got something to do with it, because it unplugs on the Desire side (you can see it on the music application) then the Jabbra Clipper sometimes shuts off of signals it (I don't know the sound code of the clipper).

As a matter of fact, when it cuts the music off, I usually just need to press the play button (on Jabbra or Desire) to start the music again.

Apparently, while phoning, there is no such disturbance.

Well that's all I can say on the matter. Hope somebody will find a solution (special music applet for the clipper?) and will be watching the forum.

No, there is nothing wrong with Android on this field, I'm having same problem as you on my HTC HD2 running WinMo 6.5. I even got in touch with Jabra, they've sent me replacement, but there was exactly same problem.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones