Bluetooth probs

Last Updated:

1. bruceo

bruceo Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Anyone able to get proper bluetooth control. Both my earpiece and stereo headset sound great, but button on earpiece or headset will not initiate voice command, sometimes they redial the last number and the play/pause/skip etc controls do not work at all. This has always worked on my previous phones, even the crappy winmo touch pro....

Advertisement
  2. colnago

colnago Well-Known Member

Not sure if you saw this regarding the Dec 11 update:

11/8/09 - Voice command operation cannot be initiated by pressing the Bluetooth headset multi-function button. The customer will need to select the Voice Dialer application from the home screen. The customer will then say one of the following commands:
    Call
    Dial
    Call voicemail
    Redial
    Open Calendar
    Depending on the voice command, the customer will be displayed a list of choices on the UI to select from. A customer can use Bluetooth to input Voice commands.

I got my Droid to pair with my Garmin, and got it to pull up the correct contact once. But I don't know if it was because I was 3-4ft from the phone itself. I don't know if it kills the mic when BT connected, and using the Voice Dialer app.

3. bruceo

bruceo Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Is that the identified issue with current workaround that will be corrected on the 12/11 update? Anyone else's stereo headset able to control the music player?

So far this is another simple smartphone standard feature omitted in the Droid, the device currently full of compromises....