Bluetooth profile confusion on the i9000 (pre-sales q)Support

Last Updated:

1. zopper

zopper Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Dear all,
    I may buy into the Samsung Galaxy S 'phone, but would like to check something:

* Bluetooth profiles. I have read that BT keyboards can be connected to the 'phone, yet the Samsung site does not list the keyboard profile HID. The only profiles listed on the site are these:
    GAP, SSP, SDAP, HSP, HFP1.5, A2DP, AVRCP, SPP, DUN, FTP, SAP, BPP, OPP, PBAP. Thus I gather the device does not support HID and cannot connect a keyboard: Are people just putting hoaxes up on the web to intentionally disappoint potential buyers, or are there new profiles for keyboards now? If so then does anyone know what these are?

* What is the difference between the Galaxy S and the Galaxy S Pro. There are two separate forums on this website of these?

Many thanks for any answers.

best regards, z

Advertisement
  2. zopper

This part answered. Its the Epic 4g version of the 'phone, which I would rather have but sadly is for the US :( What a shame since it has a full keyboard on it! 5 rows of keys. A god-send.

3. NZtechfreak

NZtechfreak Well-Known Member

There is at least one BT Keyboard (the Freedom one) that supports SPP profile, so does work with the GS, but most won't.

zopper likes this.
  4. zopper

Cheers. So the it uses a SPP serial port emulation for the keyboard. Iwould never have guessed. I wonder why they did not use the HID profile.

5. NZtechfreak

NZtechfreak Well-Known Member

The Freedom keyboard uses both I believe, but no idea why Samsung didn't put HID on here (I have an iGo Ultraslim Stowaway Keyboard and Datel Retro Wireless controller just itching to get in on the action with the GS, just waiting on the cyanogenmod ROM to come along...).

6. zopper

Likewise.