Bluetooth ProfilesGeneral

Last Updated:

1. Magic Angle

Magic Angle Active Member This Topic's Starter

Greetings All.

I have been lurking on the forum for a while trying to learn as much as I can about the Eris. I have been impressed with the phone, but the lack of full bluetooth profiles is holding me back, specifically lack of PBAP. I know that the 2.1 upgrade is supposed to include it. My current phone has it, and I have gotten spoiled with its convenience. While browsing the verizon wireless website today they list the following bluetooth profiles for the Eris:

Bluetooth

Advertisement
  2. Chopstick2U

Chopstick2U Well-Known Member

I have the leaked os and I can tell you that the bluetooth functionality is greatly improved, but I'm not wise enough to answer your technical question. However, I would definitely trust the htc website over verizon's. Verizon seems to have copied and pasted the droid's specs for both phones. Still, anything you eras about android 2.1 will apply to the eris once it receives the update.

Magic Angle likes this.
  3. Magic Angle

Magic Angle Active Member This Topic's Starter

Yeah, I kinda thought the verizon website was too good to be true. I could swear when i checked a month or so ago, they had different specs published. I also read a rumor that new Eris sold are now coming pre-installed with 2.1, so I guess it was just wishful thinking.:D

4. mistaj33

mistaj33 Well-Known Member

I'd love a solid answer to this as well. I know for sure the current 1.5 build doesn't support PBAP. Surely someone with the 2.1 leak has attempted to sync their phonebook to their car. Anyone?