1. Welcome to the newer, better version of Android Forums! Be sure to see the announcement and enjoy checking it out!

Some of you have been having login issues. - Please try now. Sorry for the trouble!
  2. All attachments uploaded on the first day of this new look need to be re-uploaded, or will appear broken. All prior to that, and all going forward, should work fine. We apologize for the inconvenience!

Bluetooth question

1. smfoley1

smfoley1 Well-Known Member

well I just got a motorola Droid and I cant seem to get the bluetooth caling to work.
    I had a Razor and with that I would just push the button on my head set and I could say call Call Mike. I cant seem to get the droid to do that. Instead it just dials the last person called

Advertisement
  2. Clementine_3

Clementine_3 Well-Known Member

Hands free BT doesn't work on 2.1 or prior but will be (is) enabled on 2.2. It's one of my biggest gripes! There are a few apps out there for voice dialing, I use Voice Dialer HF, but if you root or just wait for Froyo OTA update you'll not need anything else.
  3. smfoley1

any idea when this "froyo" is supposed to come out?
    whats with all the weird names anyway....?
  4. Gunner

Gunner Well-Known Member

'Late Summer' per Verizon.

Or you can root your Droid and put Froyo on it today.
  5. Fabolous

Fabolous Superuser VIP Member

This is a common Linux naming convention, each new iteration is named with the next letter in the alphabet.

So recent builds of Android are: Cupcake, Donut, Eclair, Froyo, and in the future, Gingerbread.

Ubuntu Linux follows a similar naming convention.

And the Droid will get Android 2.2 before the summer is over.
  6. The_Chief

The_Chief Accept no imitations! Moderator

Or you could root and ROM and have it now. BT voice dial ROCKS!
  7. smfoley1

as long as I get it before winter. My snowboard helmet has BT and it sure would be nice to be able to call my buddies with the push of a button when we are riding in the woods and get into trouble.
  8. takeshi

takeshi Well-Known Member

As always: take your pick from the rumored answers...

[​IMG]
  9. smfoley1

so can anyone that is already running FroYo confirm that the BT works? Meaning you push the button on the head set and you can say "Call Mike Mobile" for instance
  10. Magic Monkey

Magic Monkey Member

Works for me. I'm running Froyo Kangerade 5.0.9
  11. The_Chief

Works for me. I'm running Bugless Beast Froyo and an S9 stereo BT headset
  12. smfoley1

thanks for the replies guys..
    so just to be crystal clear, you havce a BT headset on and your phone is in your pocket. You press the button on the head set and are able to dial anyone in your contacts by saying thier name followed by home, mobile or whatever and you never have to take it out of your pocket or touch the phone?
  13. The_Chief

Correct. I push the call button, it prompts me, I say "Call home at home" and it calls my home number. Android 2.2.
  14. smfoley1

Sweet...Thanks Chief, thats the response I was lookin for....come on 2.2