• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Bluetooth Question

The only thing I don't like about this phone is that when I press a button on my bluetooth earpiece, it doesn't allow me to make a call from there. I liked being able to say thru my earpiece, " Call Bob " and it would just dial. I suppose that the Hero doesn't support it but is the update going to fix that? I thought I read somewhere that it would. I may be wrong. Are there alternatives for this particular problem? Not a big deal if there isn't a solution because I am in love with this phone and it's near perfect for me. But it would be nice to have that as well.

If you think about it voice dialing via BT is just one small part of the voice command picture. I am sure it will happen, but I am hope for more. I would like to see a move toward voice control of the rest of the Hero functions or at least some of them. Your BT ear bud would in effect become another input device for the android OS, not just used for conversations. I used this function to a very limited extent on a Razr2 to choose and play individual playlist of mp3's on my BT enabled car stereo system. This was very cool to say the least. Unfortunately I no longer have that stereo system to test the Hero on. Slightly off topic, but has anyone tried to pair a BT keyboard?

Jack

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones