• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Bluetooth question

King_Leo

Lurker
Sep 6, 2010
Does anyone know if the froyo update will support bluetooth file transfer? As a happy samsung galaxy s owner I was kind of shocked when I noticed that the device didn't send files through bluetooth. Is there any solution to this? I have the bluetooth file transfer app but it doesn't work all the time. Can someone also explain why a simple thing as bluetooth file transfer is not included in any high-end smartphone with android?

When you say "Didn't send files through bluetooth", did you try the built-in transfer? I have the problem that small files work (see my post in the poll section - http://androidforums.com/samsung-galaxy-s/161013-you-happy-samsung-galaxy-s-i9000.html ), but larger files do not. There seems to be a file size limit. I get the "send" menu when I tap&hold on a file and can select BT. Big issue for me that I can't send pics from the camera quickly.
Which file transfer app are you referring to?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones