Bluetooth randomly disconnectsSupport

Last Updated:

1. Steve_R

Steve_R Member This Topic's Starter

Hello everyone N00bie with a problem here..... sorry.

I've got a Jabra Stone, and a Nokia BH-606 which both randomly disconnect whilst I'm on a phonecall or listening to a podcast etc. Sometimes they can go for 30 minutes being perfectly well behaved, or just as often do their stupid disconnecting trick about 5 times in 2 minutes.

Is this a common problem? It would possibly seem not because there doesn't seem to be a huge amount of people with similar issues on the internets.

I know both headsets are ok because they have both worked perfectly with an iPhone and a Nokia N86.

Do we think my Desire is faulty, and I should take it back?

Thanks for any advice.

Advertisement
  2. Asphyxsia

Asphyxsia Active Member

Turn off ur wifi mate it interferes. Must be the chips are too close to each other.

Steve_R likes this.
  3. marksmonkey

marksmonkey New Member

HTC Desire - Help please help!

I’m having an issue with the Bluetooth music streaming to my car stereo. it works fine but every 15-20 seconds it cuts out for a second or so and then continues.... I was really disappointed to find this appears to be an issue with these phones as my old N95 Bluetooth music connection to my car was top notch (and that is a 2+ year old phone!?)...

So, to a resolution...

I got a 3.5mm audio jack, plugged the phone in to the stereo and it works a treat (even better sound quality). Now the problem I have is that when I connect the phone via Bluetooth to the hands free phone call function it automatically shuts of the music playing through the 3.5mm cable as the phone assumes I want to play the music via the Bluetooth!!

Can I tell the phone to connect to the car stereo for the telephone function and via the cable for the music function?? Any help would be most appreciated. Thanks. Mark

4. Steve_R

Ahh right, I'll give that a go. Cheers for the help!:)

5. Asphyxsia

Asphyxsia Active Member

No worries let me know how it goes worked a treat for me.

6. Steve_R

Tried it out yesterday and worked perfectly for me too. Thanks!:D

sausageguy likes this.
  7. Amanda_L

Amanda_L New Member

Okay, So I tried just turning off the WiFi (as suggested) and it still did not connect on incoming calls 100% of the time. When I make outbound calls I have 100% bluetooth connection; it is only upon receiving inbound calls.

I did some tests using 3 different phone lines:
    A.) Landline
    B.) Skype [with a subscribed static phone number]
    C.) A different mobile phone.

Test 01: WiFi turned on - phoned outbound
    A.) 100% connection to the bluetooth.
    B.) 100% connection to the bluetooth.
    C.) 100% connection to the bluetooth.

Test 02: WiFi turned on - phoned inbound - Answering calls using touch screen
    A.) 0% connection to the bluetooth.
    B.) 0% connection to the bluetooth.
    C.) 0% connection to the bluetooth.
    Note: In order for bluetooth to connect I had to turn the device off and back on.

Test 03: WiFi turned off - phoned outbound

Test 04: WiFi turned off - phoned inbound - Answering calls using touch screen
    Note: In order for bluetooth to connect I had to turn the device off and back on.

Observation: So, at this point I can see the problem is with inbound calls, not outbound. so i pursue further tests to prove/disprove additional theories.

Action: [Added variable: A DIFFERENT bluetooth headset]

Test 05: WiFi turned on - phoned inbound - Answering calls using touch screen

Test 06: WiFi turned off - phoned inbound - Answering calls using touch screen

Observation:
    Again, WiFi makes no difference and it seems the problem is something either in the phone or the Android software. On to more tests...

Action: [Changed variable: Answering phone using only bluetooth headset button on device]

Test 07: WiFi turned on - phoned inbound - Answering calls using only bluetooth headset button on device

Test 08: WiFi turned off - phoned inbound - Answering calls using only bluetooth headset button on device

Conclusion: The conclusion I draw for the time being is that something in either the Android software, the HTC interfaces or the HTC phone itself causes connection problems with bluetooth headsets unless using the bluetooth headset device button to answer incoming phone calls.

Note: This conclusion is not my final conclusion. I will be monitoring the behavior and noting if the connection issue happens again and what circumstances were involved. I will update soon with more observations.

Best regards,
    Amanda L.

8. Nessiehunters

Nessiehunters Member

Hi,
    On my desire when a call comes in with headset connected, if I answer via headset all is ok, call comes through, if I answer via the touchscreen, I have to press the menu button, and then press bluetooth on, then the call is the routed through the headset as normal, hope this helps.:D

P.S I use bluetooth all day and can confirm that when wifi is on at the same time as the bluetooth, you will randomly disconnect from your bluetooth device.

9. coachgeorge

coachgeorge New Member

A little late to the party, however I have a similar issue with the Samsung Epic 4g. The device will un-pair randomly from my headset. I use the bluetooth headset as my hands free in my office.

I agree that you must use the hands free to connect and disconnect calls. This is not my issue.

I will try turning off the wi-fi.