Bluetooth Refuses to Turn OnSupport

1. Liamo_210

Liamo_210 Well-Known Member

I've had this issue for a while now.
    Bluetooth won't turn on using any method.
    Using the stock widget or accessing it through settings doesn't work.
    The only fix is a reboot.
    When I press or drag the Bluetooth toggle switch it just springs back immediately to the "off" position.

Does anyone else have this problem?
    If so could you please comment on this page to make Google aware of the problem...the more voices the better. Issue 42255 - android - Sometimes bluetooth not activatable in Android 4.2.1 Nexus 4 - Android - An Open Handset Alliance Project - Google Project Hosting

Nexus 4 running 4.2.1 (bought on Dec 4th) :)

Advertisement
  2. chrlswltrs

chrlswltrs Well-Known Member

I have this happen about once every week or so, usually after Tasker turns Bluetooth off. Tasker turns Bluetooth off everyday for 30 min, then turns it back on. It usually works fine but every once in a while I have to reboot.
  3. Sylon

Sylon Well-Known Member

Just had this happen to me, and this is only my 2nd day with my Nexus 4.

Had to resort to the the phone I just left, my iPhone, to stream music to my BT speaker because this thing isn't working right.
  4. Liamo_210

Try turning it off that seems to be the only way to fix it.
  5. NeXuS4

NeXuS4 Well-Known Member

I have had it happen once in almost three months so I'm okay with it.
  6. MyTjSux

MyTjSux Well-Known Member

This is a 4.2 issue....reboot reboot reboot

Its a hassle
  7. SiempreTuna

SiempreTuna Well-Known Member

Must be a real hassle!

When you say 4.2, is that the actual version you're running?

When I first turned my phone on, it had me update to 4.2.1 - and I don't have this issue.
  8. Liamo_210

Yep it's annoying! I hope it's something that is fixed when 4.2.2 comes out which I've heard is in mid February or early March.
  9. chrlswltrs

chrlswltrs Well-Known Member

Yeah, that is supposed to be the biggest bug fix in 4.2.2. I'm looking forward to it.
  10. Liamo_210

Hope so anyway.
  11. cats_five

cats_five Member

Got 4.2.3 still got the problem...
  12. hstroph

hstroph Well-Known Member

Where, and how did you acquire Android 4.2.3, please?
  13. Liamo_210

I think he meant 4.2.2
  14. MartinS

MartinS Well-Known Member

In 4.2.2 the quick toggle in settings does not seem to turn blue when switching Bluetooth on - although it is on.

EDIT: Works OK for me with the car bluetooth and the toggle does turn blue when a device is connected.
  15. cats_five

cats_five Member

By typing the wrong number!
  16. cats_five

cats_five Member

The one in the power control widget is exactly the same. I see there are lots of bluetooth widgets available, I wonder if they all have the same problem?
  17. Sylon

Sylon Well-Known Member

4.2.2 didn't fix the Bluetooth problem. So we'll just have to sit tight.
  18. nwpsys

nwpsys Active Member

I concur with Sylon, 4.2.2 has not fixed my Bluetooth issues.

If I turn off Bluetooth while it is still paired and connected to a headset, I can't turn it back on again without power cycling the phone.

nwpsys
  19. hstroph

hstroph Well-Known Member

I can't duplicate it with a paired laptop ... file is transferred from laptop to phone via bt, bt is turned off for some time, then turned on again and another file is transferred from laptop to phone, no problems nor were there any with 4.2.1.

One wonders if some other app is interfering with your bt functioning correctly.
  20. jv59

jv59 Member

This is happening to me also on my Nexus 7. A power recycle is required. Wish it was fixed in 4.2.2, but it's not.
  21. Zezrs

Zezrs Active Member

22. SlyFerret

SlyFerret Well-Known Member

My phone does the same thing. Stock Nexus 4 on 4.2.2.

My wife's car (2011 Hyundai Santa Fe) seemed to make the problem worse, so I unpaired my phone from that car. That has helped quite a bit from what I've seen.

I have 3 other bluetooth devices that I regularly stream audio through, an iHome alarmclock radio, an Emerson portable speaker, and a Belkin bluetooth receiver.

It has been stable now for a few weeks since I stopped letting my phone pair to the car.

At this point, I'm wondering if it is a bug that only shows up under certain circumstances.

-SF
  23. alackman

alackman Well-Known Member

I assumed it was my tasker profile creating a loop or something. Does this happen to people who don't have tasker?
  24. Liamo_210

Yep. Hope they fox it soon.
  25. JonathanH

JonathanH New Member

I called Google technical support and they found a solution for me.
    -In your Nexus 4, go to parameters/Applications/All/Bluetooth
    -Here: erase cache, data and updates.
    -Resart your phone.
    -Tada !
    fedtho likes this.