Bluetooth Slider Keyboard CaseTips

1. dbpaddler

dbpaddler Well-Known Member

So China finally made a bluetooth slider keyboard case for the S3. Unfortunately it's a generic keyboard ala the cheap iphone versions without a number row, but it's a start. You can get them via ********** right here for $29 shipped. Shipping takes forever, but it's cheap and worth a shot. It is backlit, and the case for the phone actually unlocks from the keyboard slider so when you need to go slim you can leave the keyboard behind and still have it in a case.

I'm trying to work with another vendor there to try and do one with a real keyboard and not the generic crap they took from the cheap iphone version and stuck it on this one. The S3 is huge in comparison and can easily fit a decent keyboard so I sent him a pic of the new LG Mach and said they could easily fit that keyboard on there, and if it worked well I'd place a nice bulk order. I think they Mach's layout is just near perfect. The Photon has a bunch of crap keys and some funky fn layouts as well as odd placement/size of some important keys.

The funny thing, all the aholes saying keyboards are the past (maybe not in this thread (well yet), but elsewhere when we talk about wanting our keyboards)...I didn't know evolution meant third party keyboards all trying to outdo one another on prediction and correction. Last I checked, we didn't need those things on a real keyboard. So lose screen real estate and tactile feedback along with accurate text input just to save some thickness. Last I also checked, my Note 2 is pretty frickin' big and probably bigger in my pocket than the S3 would be with this bluetooth case. Yet if I didn't need the keyboard (like out socially for the night or weekend), I could slide it off and go slim. And I'd gladly ditch the Note 2 and spen for a real keyboard and .7" less of screen real estate that's always all usable. Right now I use the S3 as a home phone via wifi. But I'd switch back.
    [​IMG]

Advertisement
    :
    funkylogik likes this.
  2. t35rk

t35rk Well-Known Member

3. zachavm

zachavm Well-Known Member

I found this through a google search so that's why i'm bumping such an old thread.

This is EXACTLY what I've been looking for! I'm planning to get a note 2, but this might actually make me consider getting a GS3 instead. Did you get it? How is it?
  4. Sash1

Sash1 Member

Hi, I was going to open a new topic but thought to continue on this one...

I was thinking of buying the bluetooth slider keyboard case for the Samsung Galaxy 3. I would like to know if anyone has tried it and if you can disable the on screen keyboard so you get the full screen when typing using the bluetooth keyboard?

Thank you :)
  5. dbpaddler

dbpaddler Well-Known Member

If the keyboard pops up you can minimize it. You can also install "null keyboard" which is exactly what it says, a non keyboard. Can use a keyboard switcher app with a shortcut and use it when using the bt keyboard so you never have to worry about it popping up. If you want to try it, you can have mine. Used it for a week, but I have the Note 2 so it's been back in the box for a while. $22 shipped.
    funkylogik likes this.