• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Bluetooth Sound Quality

chief113

Feb 4, 2011
Philly
Hey guys,
First off, love the phone. It's great. Here's my one problem. When playing music thru the bluetooth in the car, the sound quality is not great. It's not all songs, but mostly with rock or metal music, I hear a cracking sound in the background. I have researched this pretty thoughourly, and most people say that it is an HTC problem. Something to do with A2DP - low bit rate or something. I went out and bought a aux jack and the sound was much better, but when you do that, you can't skip tracks with the buttons on the steering wheel, like you can when playing thru bluetooth. And then you have to turn off the bluetooth, so you also can't take incoming calls. Anybody have a fix for this? I heard cryomoden or whatever it's called works, but I don't want to root the phone. I'm not very good at tech stuff, and I know I'll screw up the phone. Please help!!!

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones