• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Bluetooth stereo headset problem

tuftslax

Aug 19, 2010
I have a problem with audio through my bluetooth stereo headset. I have an old Logitech FreePulse Wireless that I use and have tested it with my old samsung p2 mp3 player, no problems there. I also dont have a problem using a bluetooth earpiece for calls.

However, I can't get any sound through the headset. It connects fine, shows "media playing through bluetooth" or whatever it says when I change the volume, yet nothing but silence comes out. Anybody have any ideas?

Also I am on leaked 2.2, dont know if it worked on 2.1 because I never tried.

Yeah, that was my worst fear. But would it still be able to recognize the headset by name, connect, show it is connected, but not be able to "send" anything sound wise?

Absolutely... in a nutshell a bluetooth stack is a library of subroutines to govern how a device recognizes and acts upon the protocol. An incompatibility in only one of those subroutines could cause the connection to be only partly successful.

Reactions: tuftslax
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones