Bluetooth stereo headset problemSupport

Last Updated:

1. tuftslax

tuftslax Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I have a problem with audio through my bluetooth stereo headset. I have an old Logitech FreePulse Wireless that I use and have tested it with my old samsung p2 mp3 player, no problems there. I also dont have a problem using a bluetooth earpiece for calls.

However, I can't get any sound through the headset. It connects fine, shows "media playing through bluetooth" or whatever it says when I change the volume, yet nothing but silence comes out. Anybody have any ideas?

Also I am on leaked 2.2, dont know if it worked on 2.1 because I never tried.

Advertisement
  2. tuftslax

Anyone?

3. Martimus

Martimus One bite at a time... Moderator

Theoretically it could be any of a number of things...

My first guess is that the Logitech is old enough that it's bluetooth is simply incompatible with the DX. As you mentioned it seems to work fine with an old Samsung P2 but not with a new Droid X. Sadly all bluetooth isn't created equal...

4. tuftslax

Yeah, that was my worst fear. But would it still be able to recognize the headset by name, connect, show it is connected, but not be able to "send" anything sound wise?

5. Martimus

Martimus One bite at a time... Moderator

Absolutely... in a nutshell a bluetooth stack is a library of subroutines to govern how a device recognizes and acts upon the protocol. An incompatibility in only one of those subroutines could cause the connection to be only partly successful.

tuftslax likes this.