• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Bluetooth stereo headsets

psionandy

Extreme Android User
Dec 5, 2009
liverpool
www.androidforums.com
My trusty mw600 is now officially MIA... and with no prospect of it being found, I'm looking for a replacement.

So... I'm looking for something that will do Bluetooth stereo, will also allow me to plug in my own earbuds, and charges by mini or micro usb...

,,, bonus marks if I can use it with Google now/OK Google by pressing a button, oh and multipoint support would be nice (but not essential).

Any ideas as to what I should be looking at?

Upvote 0
Can you plug in any headphones once you buy a SBH20 like device? I really don't like earbuds. I prefer headphones.

yes... which is one of the reasons I like them. The SBH20/50/52 has a standard 3.5 jack in them which you can use to plug in any headset/buds/speaker you with the standard jack. The Microphone is in the unit itself so you clip that somewhere near your mouth to pick up calls.

I used to wear my big headphones on the way to work... and then when I got in i could swap them for some earbuds once a more discrete look once inside the office.

Music quality on the mw600 wasn't as great as a wired headset, but for podcast/video listening it works really well and the fact that you aren't tied to the phone is awesome.

Upvote 0
Sorry for digging up an old thread.... but its my thread so I think I'm allowed to :p

In the end I went for the SBH52, and as bluetooth headsets go, its great. Certainly a big upgrade from the old mw600. And when there aren't any headphones plugged in, it has its own inbuilt speaker and mic.

In the post Christmas sales I also picked up a pair of Sony SBH60 headphones. Over the ear. Incredibly comfy to wear around the house and will probably end up using them as my headphones on the commute as well. Battery life seems to be stella (can't remember charging them up yet and theres a wire incase if forget to get around to doing it)

Now if you're an audiofile, they probably won't compare to your $200 gold plated wired set, but they are on sale (vodafone, Mobilefun and Amazon.co.uk for around £25 at the moment... so they are a bargain and a half!!!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones