• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Bluetooth stopped working

aaz110

Jul 9, 2010
So, my Evo randomly stopped pairing up to any device through bluetooth. It was working perfectly fine..and then one day it just stopped connecting. I've tried pairing up other cell phones to those same devices...and they work fine...just not my Evo. As far as I can tell, it wasn't brought on by an update (because my phone had already been up to date). Is it possible an app could cause bluetooth to stop pairing? Apps are the only thing on my phone that change fairly regularly...I don't know how apps could do that, but it's all I can think of that may be different from now and before when bluetooth was working. I have 2.2 by the way (shipped with the phone).

Has anyone else had this problem? I know people will probably recommend that I do a hard reset, but if there is a way to fix this without resorting to that...that would obviously be ideal. Unless of course, there is a backup method (for non-rooted people) that can restore everything after a hard reset that I don't know about. I really don't want to have to go through the pain of having to set up all my apps and settings again.

Thanks in advance for any help you can offer.

are you using a task killer? disable it or uninstall it, reboot and try again
(then read the negative write up about why task killers shouldn't be used)

hard reset is an option

as for back up try appbrain and my backup.

they won't restore everything but will do a good portion of it

Thanks for the reply. I don't use any task killers. I do already use appbrain...I'll look into mybackup as well. I'm hoping there will still be a solution to this before doing the hard reset...but I still haven't found anything yet.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones