Bluetooth tethering with EVOSupport

Last Updated:

1. rygar

rygar Member This Topic's Starter

Hi,

I am having trouble tethering my phone to my computer via pdaNet and bluetooth (USB works fine). I've seen several threads and tried a lot of things, but nothing seems to solve my problem. I have tried under Mac OS X and Win XP...

Under Mac OS X, it detects my phone and pairs successfully. It gets to the point where it says "Select the services you want to use with your mobile phone" and I check "Access the Internet with your phone's data connection." When I hit continue, it say "Configuring services..." forever, and it never connects.

Under Win XP (same machine), in my Network Settings, I tried to search for my phone and it doesn't find my device. Alternatively, if I go to Control Panel -> Bluetooth, it will pair. However I then go to Properties, Services and check "Dial-Up Networking", hit OK, and it says "The parameter is incorrect"

So basically the problem is that although my phone and computer can see each other via bluetooth, the DUN service from my phone isn't recognized by my computer. I have tried this with another computer as well, with no luck. Is there a setting on my phone that I need to change in order to get this working?

Thanks!
    Jeff

Advertisement
  2. defeedme

defeedme New Member

I have the Exact same problem.. Any fix out there ? thanks

3. Vincent Law

Vincent Law Well-Known Member

Bluetooth isn't supported for tethering on PDAnet for OS X.

As for Windows, check their website, I believe there's a specific guide for setting it up.

4. LxMxFxD

LxMxFxD Well-Known Member

was a solution to this ever found?

5. rygar

rygar Member This Topic's Starter

No solution from me, sorry, I've just been using USB tethering...

6. Mr. Ed

Mr. Ed Well-Known Member

I keep saying I am going to find my bluetooth dongle and mess with this but still have not found it