BlueTooth, Transfer of contact info?

Last Updated:

1. rondo777

rondo777 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Im hopeing that Im just missing somthing here but I cant figure out how to send or recieve contact information via BlueTooth. While in contacts the share option only offers Barscan and Gmail? Wheres Bluetooth:confused:

Advertisement
  2. clos1084

clos1084 Well-Known Member

download bluetooth file transfer. There is an option in there to transfer contacts

3. rondo777

rondo777 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Just searched the Market for it but no luck. where can I find the download?

4. ArXane

ArXane Well-Known Member

Did you actually get it to work? I tried it with my Wife's Eris but it wouldnt send.

5. aximtreo

aximtreo Well-Known Member

I had the same problem and went to my local VZW store to inquire. VZW locked out the bluetooth to only work with headsets and car hands free systems.

It was explained to me that VZW locked all the ports to external use because they thought we might not be smart enough to protect our systems. Someone might hack out phone signal and steal our data.

Hog wash. Since VZW thinks synching with bluetooth is tethering and they plan to allow this next year at double the cost of past tethering capability.

So like my Omnia and GPS, VZW locked it out to suck more $ from us. Someone will figure out a hack program to open this up and you can then use BT transfer of files; etc.:mad:

6. loooney2ns

loooney2ns Member

Another plus for BB:(