Bluetooth Voice Dialer with 2.2Support

Last Updated:

1. trankster

trankster Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I noticed that with the 2.2 upgrade, a press on my bluetooth headset's button automatically starts the voice dialer. Is there any way to control this feature or change settings for my bt headset device? I found a workaround with app Call Confirm for now.

Advertisement
  2. jbuck1984

jbuck1984 Well-Known Member

I haven't checked this yet, but to call someone, can you now just say call so and so and it calls, or is there an app you have to download first?

3. droidmo

droidmo Well-Known Member

Could be your bluetooth headset, I have to press a button on mine to initiate a voice command

4. AllezDada

AllezDada Well-Known Member

I also have to hit a button on my Bluetooth speaker to give a voice command. For me it works just like I would want it to.

5. RawlingsSc

RawlingsSc Well-Known Member Contributor

I thought that was the whole point of bluetooth voice dialing? You push the button on the bluetooth and tell it who you want to call. I guess I'm not sure I understand your concern.

6. DevHead

DevHead Well-Known Member

I think that's how it is supposed to work. What in particular are you looking for (controlling/changing feature)?

7. trankster

trankster Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

In the past, I needed to press the button to initially connect my headset to my BT phone. Now when I do this, the voice dialer authomatically comes up on the phone. Also, my BT headsets have some built in features like redial which I cannot use with the voice dialer popping up automatically. I have two different BT devices (both by Blueant) one a speaker and the other a headset that do this.

I like the idea of the voice dialer, but was surprised that I could not customize this feature.

8. RawlingsSc

RawlingsSc Well-Known Member Contributor

OK, now it makes more sense. Unfortunately I have no answer for you, since I just use a simple Moto bluetooth that connects when turned on. I hope you can find a solution that works for you.

9. DevHead

DevHead Well-Known Member

Ahh, I see now.

Is the redial on your BT headsets part of the feature on the headset itself, or was it a feature of your previous phone(s)? If it's part of your headset itself, then I too hope you can find a solution. Now if it was a feature of your previous phone(s), then therein might be the answer: it's the phone and not the headset. I hope I'm making sense. =)

Best of wish to you though. Let us know if you come across a solution.