bluetooth voice dialing sucksSupport

Last Updated:

1. crakkajakka15

crakkajakka15 Member This Topic's Starter

I recently purchased a Blueant S4 bluetooth speakerphone, Im trying to use the voice dailing feature with the new 2.2 froyo release and it sucks.....really. Even not using the blueant speakerphone and just using the phone trying to speak commands directly at it in a quiet room, it dosent even work. Example I tried to call my mother today when prompted I said "Call Mom" the phone decoded that as "Call Aubrey" lol which is a imporvement from the "nothing found" errors ive been getting....is there another app to replace the stock voice dialing application that works better?
    [​IMG]

Advertisement
  2. edlex

edlex Well-Known Member

I think the evo's mic is overly sensitive. So sensitive that any ambient noise as minor as it may seem will throw the voice recoginition off. I've used voice dialing with Bluetooth headsets and the accuracy is remarkably good.

3. drexappeal

drexappeal Well-Known Member

I agree. I tried it the other day. In comparison to how voice dialing via bluetooth was on WinMO 6.5, the Android voice dialing is awful. I have a jawbone 2 and I never had any accuracy issues when doing voice dialing via bluetooth on my Touch Pro.

The other thing I don't like about it is, as soon as you say a name, it just starts dialing. It doesn't ask you if it's the correct person or contact number.

4. bobTX10

bobTX10 Well-Known Member

Wow thats crazy. I also have a blueant S4 and havent had any problems with the bluetooth voice dialing. Gets it right everytime. I guess I have all my cantacts with both last and first name so that makes the accuracy that much better.

5. crakkajakka15

crakkajakka15 Member This Topic's Starter

Im tempted to download and use vlingo. Although I dont feel that I should have to pay for a app that fixes and broken feature of the phone. Anyone else know of any voice dailing apps?

6. leebo

leebo Member

This is related but not the same as the OP: Voice dialing works ok for me, but BT audio cuts in and out on my end (other person hears fine). This is only since 2.2.
    I use two different Jawbone 1's and both exhibit the same problem.

Anybody else have this issue???:confused:

7. drexappeal

drexappeal Well-Known Member

For those of you that haven't had problems with bluetooth voice dial, do you have a lot of contacts?

I have about 250 contacts and many have the same first name. How are you going about getting it to dial the exact person? Last name first? First name last? Nickname? For the people that have unique names on my list, I try to pronounce it how Windows Mobile used to recognize it, but that didn't work either.