• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Bluetooth Voice Dialling

Cogs

Nov 17, 2010
I have purchased a Blueant Commute hands free Bluetooth set for my car so as I don't have to keep pulling over to talk on the phone.

I have just discovered that the Sensation does not have Bluetooth voice dialling. That is part of the reason I bought the Commute.

I have discovered that there is VoiceDialer.APK to download and install on the phone which will allow it. I do not know how to do this.

I would much appreciate it if someone could tell me how to do this or alternatively if there is another app I could install that will allow me to Bluetooth voice dial via the Commute.

My HTC Sensation is unrooted and running ICS. It has Telstra (Australia) bloatware.

Regards,

Cogs
Life was so much simpler in the '60's.

Hi

I don't have my Sensation any more so can't talk you through it step-by-step, however, you will need to go into settings. There is possibly a security setting and you need to look for text which says to only update apps from Google Play. You will need to untick this option to allow installation of apps from any source. Next, go to Google Play and download a file manager such as ES File Explorer. Install it and when installed use it to find the apk file you want to install (Best to download to external SD card or somewhere easy to find), then just select the apk file and it will ask if you wish to install, naturally you confirm and that is it! You have your app installed so just need to set it up to work as you want it.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones