Bluetooth - Voice only, not mediaSupport

Last Updated:

1. brianem

brianem Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Is there a setting or an app to better control what sound goes to my Bluetooth headset? I've got a Jabra Extreme, but I've not been able to find a method to have just voice go out.

Frequently I'll be in the car, and even when I have the Incredible plugged into my car stereo, it still puts music out through my Bluetooth connection and not the headphone jack. Under Bluetooth settings it says "Jabra Extreme Connected to phone and media audio", but there doesnt seem to be a way to say no no bad droid, phone only.

This seems to be the exact opposite problem all the posts I found searching had :(

Ideas? Thanks!

Advertisement
  2. dabears900

dabears900 Active Member

I have this same problem with my car head unit !! Any luck?

3. pjspdx

pjspdx Member

Go into the bluetooth menu. Long press on the device name, go into options, uncheck media. That should do it.

brianem likes this.
  4. sabrewings

sabrewings Well-Known Member

Ah, long press. The right click of Android.

5. brianem

brianem Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Fantastic, thank you!

6. pjspdx

pjspdx Member

Cheers. Your very welcome.

Be forewarned that the Bluetooth functions (at least on my unit) are a little wonky. My biggest problem seems to come when the bluetooth device disconnects and within a few seconds tries to reconnect. Sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't. I've even had to pull the battery on my Inc to get bluetooth to work again. Hopefully an OTA will update the bluetooth and fix these problems. Whenever that may be.

7. kayst

kayst Well-Known Member

I've been researching headsets and decided on the Jabra Extreme and came here to ask this exact question - I guess I never have an original thought.

Oh wait, I do have a new, related question. Does the Jabra Extreme have any media controls for next/prev track or play/stop?