• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Bluetooth - Voice only, not media

brianem

May 4, 2010
Is there a setting or an app to better control what sound goes to my Bluetooth headset? I've got a Jabra Extreme, but I've not been able to find a method to have just voice go out.

Frequently I'll be in the car, and even when I have the Incredible plugged into my car stereo, it still puts music out through my Bluetooth connection and not the headphone jack. Under Bluetooth settings it says "Jabra Extreme Connected to phone and media audio", but there doesnt seem to be a way to say no no bad droid, phone only.

This seems to be the exact opposite problem all the posts I found searching had :(

Ideas? Thanks!

Is there a setting or an app to better control what sound goes to my Bluetooth headset? I've got a Jabra Extreme, but I've not been able to find a method to have just voice go out.

Frequently I'll be in the car, and even when I have the Incredible plugged into my car stereo, it still puts music out through my Bluetooth connection and not the headphone jack. Under Bluetooth settings it says "Jabra Extreme Connected to phone and media audio", but there doesnt seem to be a way to say no no bad droid, phone only.

This seems to be the exact opposite problem all the posts I found searching had :(

Ideas? Thanks!

I have this same problem with my car head unit !! Any luck?

Upvote 0

Ideas? Thanks!

Go into the bluetooth menu. Long press on the device name, go into options, uncheck media. That should do it.

Reactions: brianem
Upvote 0
Fantastic, thank you!

Cheers. Your very welcome.

Be forewarned that the Bluetooth functions (at least on my unit) are a little wonky. My biggest problem seems to come when the bluetooth device disconnects and within a few seconds tries to reconnect. Sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't. I've even had to pull the battery on my Inc to get bluetooth to work again. Hopefully an OTA will update the bluetooth and fix these problems. Whenever that may be.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones