• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Bluetooth Warning

Keener

Jan 9, 2010
Ok, I just spent the last hour trying to figure out WHY. I almost called tech support to report a phone that was smashed against a stone wall, but I figured it out at the last minute.

Just a heads up for the rest of you, if you ever get a phone problem where you can hear the ringtone, but you can't hear any sound on the speaker and the other party can't hear you, and when you try to adjust the ringer volume using the the buttons on the side of the Eve and it adjusts the 'Bluetooth in call volume" instead of the ringer volume or the in-call volume... then this is the heads up for you!

Even though I hadn't used my bluetooth headset in a couple days, and it was definitely off, my phone was still in the bluetooth headset mode, and I have no idea how it got that way. Battery resets didn't fix the problem, and I had uninstalled all my soundboards that I had downloaded, and even a sound manager app I had downloaded, but the problem persisted. Eventually I clued in that maybe my bluetooth headset had to do with it, and, sure enough when I turned it on, I successfully made a call and the sound worked. When I turned off the bluetooth headset, everything turned back to normal mode. Phone fixed.

If anyone has any insight as to how this happened to me, I'm all ears. At least I know how to identify and fix the problem next time it happens.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones