...So I just couldn't get my phone to play nice with my car. Every time I got in it would connect, disconnect and then I got a message on the phone saying something like "Phone process stopped working..." and I would lose all phone connection until I restarted the phone. In short, it was a big mess. So I went into my local Vz corporate store and the guy said it was definitely a software issue and had nothing to do with a buggy sim card. He started out by suggesting that maybe a complete factory default restore might help. I told him I doubted this as I hadn't really altered anything on the phone and it would just wipe out all of my (considerable) customization, etc and leave the original problem unaltered. At this point he said he would just swap out the phone with a brand new one going on to say "We can only provide you with one exchange, after that you'll have to deal with HTC." I told him not really. That while I certainly hoped this would do the trick, if it didn't I'd be back. Anyway I did wipe the original phone clean with a factory reset and he gave me a new phone. Once we synched up to gmail all my contacts and apps were back like magic and all I'll now have to do is personalize my wallpaper, clock/weather widget (FlipClock x Theme 4x2), notification sounds, etc. So with great trepidation I went out to the car and paired the phone up with the car and voila, a perfect connection and one that allows the car to both display and read out emails ('11 BMW 535xi). So it really was some buggy BT software all along and not something I had done or my imagination! I pass this along to any of you experiencing any BT weirdness in the hopes that this may help you get it resolved if it occurs.