Bluetooth widget that shows paired device list?

Discussion in 'Android Apps & Games' started by tozz88, Nov 7, 2010.

1. tozz88

tozz88 New Member

Nov 7, 2010
    Hi, I am tired of having to got to mainscreen->settings->wireless and networks->bluetooth settings to se a list of paired devices and the name of the one that is connected. So I figured I'd wade through the morass of bluetooth widgets on the market and find one that not only turns on/off bluetooth, but also shows list of paired devices and their connect status.

Lo-and-behold I couldn't find a one!

Anybody out there know of a widget that does this (or even close)?

thanks,

Advertisement
  2. BookLover

BookLover Well-Known Member

Oct 11, 2010
    USA
    I couldn't find one widget to do both. But I did find a way to do this with 2 apps.

I use QuickTooth to get to the BT settings in one click. Then I use the BT widget from the One Click Widgets set to toggle BT on/off quickly.

The widget doesn't show what BT is connected to, tho, only that it is active.

Harry2 likes this.
  3. tozz88

tozz88 New Member

Nov 7, 2010
    thanks, Quicktooth is a step in the right direction!

4. tozz88

tozz88 New Member

Nov 7, 2010
    Update: Now that I've tried it, it does both tasks fine. starting it brings up a screen that lets you start/stop bluetooth as well as list devices and connect the one you want. So it's exactly what I was looking for!

5. BookLover

Oct 11, 2010
    USA
    I misunderstood. I thought you wanted the widget to list the connected devices too as well as to act as quick toggle.

Glad that QuickTooth solved your prob!

6. chulew

chulew Member

Sep 8, 2010
    I would like to see a widget that toggles a bluetooth device of my choice on/off. This would be very handy for pairing devices that do not have pairing memory.

7. BookLover

Oct 11, 2010
    USA
    You should be able do it with Tasker.

8. maxmaxmaxmax

maxmaxmaxmax Member

Nov 27, 2011
    Search for "Smart Bluetooth Widget Pro" in the market, that's what exactly your are looking for.

MarqBland likes this.