bluetooth works for phone call but not mediaSupport

Last Updated:

1. simollie

simollie Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I have a cheap old bluetooth headset that worked great with my Q9c. Now I want to use it with the DX for podcast. It paired and connected just fine. And I can make phone call with it. However, it won't play any media audio (Google Listen, Pandora, etc.).

In bluetooth setting the device is connected to phone audio. Does it need to be connected to something like "media audio"? Is it just the limitation of my BT headset or I can work around it by tweaking a setting on the phone?

Thanks!

Advertisement
  2. Zumi

Zumi Well-Known Member

I believe setting it to media audio will solve your problem, if that option is available.

simollie likes this.
  3. simollie

simollie Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

When I press and hold the device name in bluetooth setting and select options, it only shows "phone audio" in its profiles. Does that mean I can't set this headset to media audio?

4. mahers

mahers Well-Known Member

I beleive that's how the phone is set up and you can't change it. My old phone sent my Nav voice to my BT, but the X sends it thru its speakers. I was on Pandora today with the music going to my car's stereo AUX port. When I went to make a call, I briefly heard the music in the headset WHILE THE PHONE WAS ASKING ME WHAT I WANTED TO DO???

Anyone else seeing this? Just to clarify, here are the steps:

BT was on and paired
    Phone connected to my car stereo's AUX input
    Ran Pandora and heard it on my car's speakers (as expected)
    Clicked my headset to make a call, Pandora stopped briefly
    Pandora started up again in my headset, while the X was asking me what I wanted to do
    I said "call home" and again, Pandora stopped
    Pandora started up again in my headset while the X was verifying the number
    When the music was in my headset, it would stop when the X was looking for an answer.
    Needless to say, the starting and stopping of Pandora in the headset was ridiculous and annoying

Why wouldn't it just stop until I finished the call and playing music in my ear while trying to hear instructions is not cool. Hope this and the Nav to BT (or Pandora as OP suggests) is an option with Froyo. Leaked Froyo users, feel free to let us too chicken to do it know how it works with 2.2.

simollie likes this.