• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.
I returned the Droid because it didn't work with the bluetooth in my car. Do you think the X will work better with it or would you expect me to have the same issues again?

It shouldve. I have a droid and it works in my dodge and A friends has it working in his ford. Certain features like contact transfers and voice operation might not work. But the car should sync with it on a pure 'talk' method just fine. It essentially gets identified as a head unit then.

Maybe describing the issue might get someone here to assist you. What does it do? What responses do you get? Is it on a stock OS or do you have a custom ROM on it? What car system do you have? etc..

Upvote 0
It shouldve. I have a droid and it works in my dodge and A friends has it working in his ford. Certain features like contact transfers and voice operation might not work. But the car should sync with it on a pure 'talk' method just fine. It essentially gets identified as a head unit then.

Maybe describing the issue might get someone here to assist you. What does it do? What responses do you get? Is it on a stock OS or do you have a custom ROM on it? What car system do you have? etc..

I didn't have any trouble pairing it up, but sometimes it would connect and sometimes it wouldn't. I even went to a Verizon store and a salesman came out to my car. This time he had a hard time getting my contacts to show up, but they finally did. I left with it working, but the next day or so then it wouldn't connect again.

I have a new VW CC. Before I returned it I did search online and found some other people with German cars saying it didn't work with car either.

Upvote 0
I am assuming that everything will be better on the X, not that I'm saying my Droid is bad at all, I love it.

I have an after market Parrot bluetooth in my car. It works fine with my droid most of the time, syncs contacts, plays slacker, etc. But occasionally the connection does drop and I have to reset my bluetooth on my droid to make it reconnect.

I'm buying a new Camaro this summer with factory bluetooth so I am hoping the X works good with that.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones