Last Updated:

1. Zola

Zola New Member This Topic's Starter

Jul 9, 2010
    A while ago I purchased one of these 100$ MID's as pictured in the thread "Warning to anyone interested in the Eken/Apad/ $100 Tablets" by mrspeedmaster.

I did never expect it to be an IPad or something similar and it works fine for what I need it (and for it's price).

I want to try to connect the tablet with a Bluetooth GPS receiver and try to make a GPS system.

Dos anybody know if the MID tablet has a Bluetooth build in or how to connect an extern Bluetooth device to it?

2. koppit

koppit Well-Known Member

May 2, 2010
    I believe there is a USB host device built into the motherboard, but you're definitely not going to be able to plug into it without some serious modding (soldering). There is no external USB port on that particular model, nor does it support bluetooth out of the box. The only suggestion I can give you for this is to replace the onboard wireless adapter (looks like it's usb, according to this: Aimless TearDown) and replace it with an adapter that has bluetooth and wireless g integrated (like this: Wireless-G/B USB Network Adapter With Bluetooth WiFi) ... however, that would mean you'd have to figure out some drivers for it, too, or find one that is already compatible with Android.

Sorry I can't help more!!