BluetoothGeneral

Last Updated:

1. xguy

xguy Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Hi, I have a htc incredible and tether my laptop with it. My laptop is not bluetooth and was wondering if i could download something that would work. I know they sell adapters for laptops, but I don't know if $40 or so is worth it.

Thanks for any help. I read about the bluetooth in my mouse but don't think it means what I'm talking about.:confused: :confused:

Advertisement
  2. sitlet

sitlet Banned

Umm, you cant just "download" something to make your computer bluetooth. Its hardware.

And you dont need to spend 40 bucks. Heres one for $10 that will do just fine:

Newegg.com - SYBA SY-ADA23012 USB 2.0 Bluetooth 2.0 + EDR Dongle, CSR Chipset

And fyi, you will need an app to tether over bluetooth, like PDAnet.

xguy likes this.
  3. xguy

xguy Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

4. sitlet

sitlet Banned

FYI, never buy anything from best buy without checking online first. However, be aware there are many sites that arent authorized retailers of products, and wont stand behind them if something breaks. Newegg.com is a GREAT site, very popular. Everything is the lowestprice you can find online, and if you ever have a problem you just send it back no questions asked. And they often have free shipping.

5. BetaMan

BetaMan Well-Known Member

Bluetooth tethering is WAY slower though... Just FYI