BluetoothTips

Last Updated:

1. bnathanb1982

bnathanb1982 Member This Topic's Starter

I am looking for a bluetooth ear piece to talk on my phone which is the Ally. A friend of mine has one and he can play music on his phone through his bluetooth, however he doesn't have an ally. I am trying to find one to be able to play music, voice caller id, etc. I don't know a whole lot about these headsets. It seems like some articles say your phone has to be capable and some don't. So can anyone clarify this and point me in the right direction on a good bluetooth that is capable of doing what I asked above? When I look at each individual one for sale, hardly any of them say that it can stream music etc. Any help is appreciated.

Advertisement
  2. trav473

trav473 Well-Known Member

The ally will be limited as to what it can do with bluetooth. yes you can use it for phone calls, but you cannot use it to initiate voice dialing as the 2.1 OS does not support it, you'll have to wait till you get 2.2. as for streaming music, the bluetooth adaptor must support A2DP protocals. I'm not sure if the ally will stream music through it though. hopefully some one else can help you more than I...

bnathanb1982 likes this.
  3. bnathanb1982

Thanks, I'm not so much worried about voice dialing. I was just trying to get one that will tell me through the bluetooth who is calling and streaming music. I can't really find anything about the music deal. I found a jawbone icon series for 59.00 that I think I will try. I looked it up on verizon's website and it says that it's compatible with my phone and the jawbone specifications say it streams music. But I want to be sure and I figured this is the best place to find the answer hopefully:)

4. bnathanb1982

Well for anyone interested I think I found the answer. It supports all the profiles below. The one I was needing to know about what A2DP. Hopefully someone else can use this info too.
    COMMUNICATIONS

Wi-Fi yes
    Bluetooth yes
    Bluetooth Profiles A2DP, AVRC, DUN, FTP, HFP, HSP, OPP, PBA
    Wap WAP
    Web Browser Webkit

MUSIC FEATURES

Music Playlists yes
    Stereo yes
    A2DP Stereo Bluetooth yes