• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Blur Dialer, Liberty ROM

In Liberty dialer is : phone.apk
You can delete it with Root Explorer or Titanium backup or using Terminal Emulator. Whichever way you more comfortable with. In blur ROMs dialer is dialer.apk, but I'm not sure if it will work on blurless ROM, as some of blur apps require some other blur stuff. Things like gallery or camera can be installed for sure, I don't know if anybody tried install dialer.

Upvote 0
I think the dialer is one of those things that can't just be substituted in/out. It requires a different framework in order to run properly.
I was hoping that wasn't the case, I know you can get a couple different ones from the market though. I couldn't find the phone.apk in titanium, before I started this thread I found that in the rom and tried to find it to uninstall it but no luck. The blur camera and dialer is all the blur I want

Upvote 0
I was hoping that wasn't the case, I know you can get a couple different ones from the market though. I couldn't find the phone.apk in titanium, before I started this thread I found that in the rom and tried to find it to uninstall it but no luck. The blur camera and dialer is all the blur I want

You can do blur alarm and blur camera easily, but the blur dialer is not going to work.

If you want a similar ROM to Liberty, then go with Fusion by AngDroid (maker of Fisson ROM). He made some modifications to that ROM so the blur dialer would work.

Upvote 0
Another sweet dialer is TouchPal Smart Dialer (free in market)... I love it... just a nicer look and works great... don't worry if the pictures show it in some asian language.. it works in english just fine on my phone.

I just downloaded that last night along with several others. I tried it just now because of your recommendation and I think I like it the best, but the smart dial feature isn't as good as blur. When I type in my fiancee's number it brings her number up but no name and a? even though she's in my contacts.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones